From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Point Blank)
| Point-Blank - During its activation, this model can make melee attacks with its ranged weapon, with a melee range of 0.5". Do not add this model's STR to damage rolls with ranged weapons. Charge attacks made with ranged weapons are not boosted.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Point-Blank (Edit)
- Number of attacks
- Point-Blank gives you an extra initial melee attack (even though, RAW, it doesn't meet the criteria). (Infernal Ruling)
- If you can make additional melee attacks, these can be Point-Blank attacks regardless of the weapon's ROF. (Locked Thread)
- If you have the option of choosing between ranged or melee attacks (for instance you combined Point-Blank with Gunfighter), then you need to declare whether you're making melee or ranged attacks this activation, then declare the weapon and the target. (Infernal Ruling)
- AOE & Spray
- Point-Blank AOEs work just fine. You hit with a melee attack, and then place an AOE. If you miss, the AOE will deviate per normal (although only a very short distance).
- Point-Blank sprays don't work. The rules for Point-Blank overwrite the range of the spray weapon, and the range is/was the spray template. So instead of putting the spray template down, you make one melee attack.
- Since Point-Blank only works during your activation, you can't use it on free strikes or other out-of-activation melee attacks.
- Gunfighter vs Point Blank (Edit)
- If a model has both Gunfighter and Point Blank, then you should declare whether you're using it as a ranged attack or melee attack whenever you shoot the gun. Because that can limit what other initial/additional attacks you can make. (Infernal Ruling)
- These two abilities are subtly different, but it's an important difference.
- Gunfighter allows you to make ranged attacks while in melee.
- Point blank allows you to make melee attacks with your ranged weapon.
- Since you can't make both ranged and melee attacks in the same turn, a Gunfighter model has a choice of either initial melee attack(s) or initial ranged attack(s). (unless it has Virtuoso or something).
- Whereas a Point Blank model chooses to make initial melee attacks, and then gets to make attacks with both weapons.
- Furthermore, the types of bonuses, penalties, and special effects you (or your opponent) can trigger will change dramatically:
- Any buffs/triggers on ranged attacks (such as Evasive, Shield Guard, Deadeye, etc) will affect Gunfighter attacks, but not Point Blank attacks.
- Any buffs/triggers on melee attacks (such as Battle Lust, Riposte etc) will affect Point Blank attacks, but not Gunfighter attacks.
Pages in category "Point-Blank"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.