Orsus the Chained
|I have an update about Special Order Models - it is no longer a thing. |
Click here to read more.
| Orsus the Chained |
The most infamous warcaster to ravage the Iron Kingdoms, Khador’s Orsus Zoktavir lost his mind when Lola, his beloved battle axe, was destroyed in battle. Unable to lead, Orsus was stripped of his station and for his remaining days was sentenced to serve as one of the Empire’s notorious doom reavers—penitent criminals chained to the arcane weapons that drive them into a berserker rage in battle. With his nation in shambles, Orsus now offers his formidable combat skills to fortune hunters while secretly on a quest to recover his long-lost Lola.
- Riot Quest - Although this model has rules which allow it to be played in Warmachine and Hordes, it was primarily designed for the Riot Quest game. RQ is set in an alternate and/or future timeline where the Infernals won the war. Some of the RQ models have a deliberately goofy aesthetic.
- Berserk - When this model destroys one or more models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it must make one additional melee attack against another model in its melee range.
- Blood Bath - This model cannot become knocked down. If it is hit by an enemy attack at any time except while it is advancing, after the attack is resolved this model is pushed d3" in a direction determined by the deviation template, then you can choose its facing. After pushed as a result of Blood Bath, this model can make one basic melee attack against an enemy model.
- Carapace - This model gains +4 ARM against ranged attack damage rolls.
- Relentless Charge - While advancing as part of a charge, a model with Relentless Charge gains Pathfinder.
- Spell Ward - This model cannot be targeted by spells.
- Fell Lola - 2" reach, POW 8, P+S 16 melee attack
- Gauntlet - 0.5" reach, POW 4, P+S 12 melee attack
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly toward it.
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Butcher4
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Butcher4 in a nutshell
Good old Butcher does what Butcher does best: Wrecking face. He's an easily deliverable combat solo that will leave a dent in anything he gets his hands on, and he offers some very good utility to any Wolves of Winter theme list by bringing Dispel, so he can be put on duty to strip pesky upkeeps from enemy models or units.
Combos & Synergies
- Sorscha1 - She makes him DEF 16 ARM 19 with 10 boxes against shooting, which is to say: Not worth shooting at. This, combined with Spell Ward, means he pretty much has to be taken down in melee.
- Greylord Ternion - They can give him a Blizzard cloud replicating the above in theme.
- Malakov2 - He can stealth him if you give him a cloud to stand in (Veil of Mist is also a nice movement buff) and his feat and Blood Bath both trigger at the same time, letting you choose which to resolve first (you still get both), this can set him up for some choice Throat Cutting.
- Vlad2 - He lets him boost attack or damage rolls on his already ludicrous combat profile with Arcane Might.
- The Koldun Lord and Void Archon are in-theme ARM debuffs that help him hit as hard as a heavy warjack, on top of him being a Weapon Master.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Blood Bath can be used against you, since all you need to do to trigger it is hitting him; if he staggers forward, charge him, if he staggers backwards he might be out of threat range on his next activation. DEF buffs and threat range extenders thus go a long way for him. It can also be used to have him wander of a flag.
- Spell Ward prevents targeting by friendly spells as well, meaning buffs like Boundless Charge can't be applied to him.
Tricks & Tips
- His Blood Bath ability has since been changed from development to now be a push instead of advance so he does not cause free strikes against himself.
- Released 2019.10
Other Khador models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)