Order of Illumination Resolutes
|We have 1297 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Order of Illumination Resolutes |
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Order of Illumination Resolutes
- 3 Other
|Order of Illumination Resolutes|
- Mercenary - Order of Illumination Resolutes will work for Crucible Guard, Cygnar, or Khador.
- Partisan [Cygnar] - When included in a Cygnar army, this model/unit is a Cygnar model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Alchemical Mask - This model does not suffer gas effects. When determining LOS or resolving attacks, this model ignores cloud effects and concealment granted from cloud effects.
- Blessed Wards - This model gains +3 ARM against damage rolls made by Infernal or undead models.
- Holy Bonds - Enemy models cannot gain this model's soul token.
- Repairable - This model can be targeted with Repair special actions as if it were a construct model.
- Set Defense - A model in this model's front arc suffers -2 on charge, slam power attack, and impact attack rolls against this model.
- Execrator Cannon - 10" range, POW 13 ranged attack
- Halberd - 2" reach, POW 6, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Damage Type: Magical
- Mercenary, Khador, or Cygnar
- Pure Mercenary
- Other than Flames, there are no Mercenary themes they can go in.
- Other Factions
- As a Mercenary, they can also be hired in a bunch of other Faction's theme forces. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on Order of Illumination Resolutes
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Order of Illumination Resolutes in a nutshell
Resolutes are typical medium bases that are versatile but mostly unremarkable compared to most of their counterparts cross-faction. However, they are also a bit cheaper, can pull off a surprising DEF skew and become disgustingly cost effective when their situational Execrator and blessed wards bonuses are relevant.
Most of the time they'll need extra help to shine, but as they will mostly be seen in Flame in the Darkness, that help is plentiful and pays dividends on their cheap cost.
Combos & Synergies
- The Morrowan Archon plus set defence make their DEF extremely high for medium base models. It also serves as a shield guard to help deliver them.
- As Morrowans, Blaize lets them boost with her focus pool, though she prefers single wound models.
- The standard Flames damage buff squad works as well on them as anything. Gabriel Throne, The Hermit and Ragman improve their damage to where they can comfortably kill heavies on the charge.
- Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova does not inconvenience them at all with her cloud wall thanks to Alchemical Mask. Said clouds also pump them to DEF 18 against charges provided they have an Archon in tow.
- They can be repaired by Field Mechaniks; in the Heavy Metal theme force, Field Mechanik Grunts repair at d3+1. In Khador, Battle Mechaniks fill that role.
- Nemo4 can bring back fallen Resolutes. He also brings a unit of Arcane Mechaniks with him, who in the Heavy Metal theme force, repair for 2+d3, quickly patching revived units members up.
- Haley3 further exacerbates the DEF skew with Temporal Distortion, has Ghost Walk and is able to revive them.
- Warjacks with the Lash rule make them no-knockdown tough.
- Crosse2 has Dauntless Resolve, making them ARM 20, and Ghost Walk for fixing terrain issues. On feat turn they also gain Stealth and Run and gun, letting them leverage their cannon shots very well and staying safe.
- Maddox can do similar things with Onslaught. She also has Snipe for longer threat ranges.
- Stryker1, Haley1 and the Journeyman Warcaster all have Arcane Shield. Stryker is the stand out here because his feat adds another 3 points of ARM for astronomical values.
- Fiona - Occulation is a great spell for them and Curse of Shadows makes their shooting extremely dangerous. Furthermore her feat scales very well with their statline and Set Defense. Lastly they make for very good arc nodes via dark rituals even if you can't make them cultists, as with 5 hit points they'll survive the channeling.
- Gabriel Throne - Tactician, Stir the Blood or March are all excellent abilities for them.
- Koldun Kapitan Valachev makes them friednly Khador models in the Wolves of Winter theme, meaning they can recieve buffs such as Vlad2 feat and Hand of Fate or Kozlovs Fury spell.
- Old Witch2 - Has Curse of Shadows just like Fiona and Wind Storm keeps them save from shooting.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They only excel when Execrator is in play.
Tricks & Tips
- Resolutes can serve as a counter to scather templates, covering fire, corrosion effects and the like that are otherwise a chief weakness for Flame in the Darkness.
- Released 2020.01
- These boys are Cygnar's first medium-base unit.
Other Theme Forces
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Faction models
|Which Faction am I?
Partisans & Theme Forces (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Blessed Wards - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Holy Bonds - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Repairable - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Set Defense - None yet. (Edit)
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)