Order of Illumination Resolutes
| Order of Illumination Resolutes |
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Order of Illumination Resolutes
- 3 Other
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given on day 1 of the CID cycle
|Order of Illumination Resolutes|
- Mercenary - Order of Illumination Resolutes will work for Crucible Guard, Cygnar, or Khador.
- Partisan [Cygnar] - When included in a Cygnar army, this model/unit is a Cygnar model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Alchemical Mask - This model does not suffer gas effects. When determining LOS or resolving attacks, this model ignores cloud effects and concealment granted from cloud effects.
- Blessed Wards - This model gains +3 ARM against damage rolls made by Infernal or undead models.
- Holy Bonds - Enemy models cannot gain this model's soul token.
- Set Defense - A model in this model's front arc suffers -2 on charge, slam power attack, and impact attack rolls against this model.
- True Sight - This model ignores cloud effects when determining LOS. This model also ignores Stealth.
- Execrator Cannon - 10" range, POW 13 ranged attack
- Halberd - 2" reach, POW 6, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Magical Damage
- Mercenary, Khador, or Cygnar
- Pure Mercenary
- Other than Flames, there are no Mercenary themes they can go in.
- Other Factions
- As a Mercenary, they can also be hired in a bunch of other Faction's theme forces. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on Order of Illumination Resolutes
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Order of Illumination Resolutes in a nutshell
Resolutes are typical medium bases that are versatile but unremarkable compared to most of their counterparts cross-faction. However, they are also a bit cheaper, and become disgustingly cost effective when their situational execrator and blessed wards bonuses are relevant.
Most of the time they'll need extra help to shine.
Combos & Synergies
- Blaize lets them boost with her focus pool, though she prefers single wound models.
- Gabriel Throne improves their damage.
- Any of multiple speed, accuracy, range or damage buffs provided by a multitude of casters improves them in some aspect.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They only excel when Execrator is in play.
Tricks & Tips
- Beta Released 2019.04
- These boys are Cygnar's first medium-base unit.
Other Theme Forces
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Faction models
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the rules are finalised - juckto.