Order of Illumination Resolutes
| Order of Illumination Resolutes
How usable this model is in Mk IV depends on the Faction:
You can view the Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
The Resolutes are the heavy infantry of the Order of Illumination. Armed with holy blades and blessed Execrator Cannons, the Resolutes are trained to cleave through unholy spirits and the most malevolent denizens of the Outer Abyss. Their mechanika armor protects them from both mundane attacks and the dark corruptions of infernal and undead foes. Few of humanity’s heroes are as prepared to face the infernal threat as are the Order of Illumination Resolutes.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Order of Illumination Resolutes
- 3 Other
|Order of Illumination Resolutes
- Partisan [ Cygnar ] - When included in a Cygnar army, this model/unit is a Cygnar model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Alchemical Mask - This model does not suffer gas effects. When determining LOS or resolving attacks, this model ignores cloud effects and concealment granted from cloud effects.
- Blessed Wards - This model gains +3 ARM against damage rolls made by Infernal or undead models.
- Holy Bonds - Enemy models cannot gain this model's soul token.
- Repairable - This model can be targeted with Repair special actions as if it were a construct model.
- Set Defense - A model in this model's front arc suffers -2 on charge, slam power attack, and impact attack rolls against this model.
- As a Mercenary unit they can go in every Cygnar theme, however they'll use your "Up to one Mercenary unit" slot if they're not in Flames.
- Flame in the Darkness. They gain Vengeance in this theme.
- Heavy Metal
- Sons of the Tempest
- Storm Division. They gain Immunity: Electricity in this theme.
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Order of Illumination Resolutes
Order of Illumination Resolutes in a nutshell
Resolutes are fairly cheap, very versatile medium base infantry but unspectacular at any particular job. They have decent guns and decent melee attacks. Their defensive stats are average for their category. They give Infernals fits.
Most of the time they'll need extra help to shine, but as they will mostly be seen in Flame in the Darkness, that help is plentiful and pays dividends on their cheap cost.
Combos & Synergies
- The Morrowan Archon's Blinding Radiance plus Set Defense make their DEF extremely high for medium base models. It also serves as a Shield Guard to help deliver them and grants them the Veteran Leader bonus. Pretty important to bring one or two along with them.
- As Morrowans, Blaize lets them boost with her focus pool, though she prefers single wound models.
- The standard Flames damage buff squad works as well on them as anything. Gabriel Throne, The Hermit and Ragman improve their damage to where they can comfortably kill heavies on the charge.
- Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova does not inconvenience them at all with her cloud wall thanks to Alchemical Mask. Said clouds also pump them to DEF 18 against charges provided they have an Archon in tow.
- They can be repaired by Field Mechaniks.
- Crosse2 has Dauntless Resolve, making them ARM 20, and Ghost Walk for fixing terrain issues. On feat turn they also gain Stealth and Run and gun, letting them leverage their cannon shots very well and staying safe.
- Maddox can do similar things with Onslaught. She also has Snipe for longer threat ranges.
- Fiona - Occulation is a great spell for them and Curse of Veils makes their shooting extremely dangerous. Furthermore her feat scales very well with their statline and Set Defense. Lastly they make for very good arc nodes via dark rituals even if you can't make them cultists, as with 5 hit points they'll survive the channelling. She probably runs them better than anyone.
- Gabriel Throne - Tactician, Stir the Blood or March are all excellent abilities for them.
- Warjacks with the Lash rule make them no-knockdown tough. If you are planning on taking advantage of this mechanic, consider a caster with positive charge for double the benifit.
- Stryker1 - He has Arcane Shield and his feat for ARM 23. This is about as beefy as a Flames list can get. They also really like Snipe, turning their average range guns into scary ones with a credible 19" walk-and-shoot range.
- Morrowan Battle Priests can be attached to this unit granting them cheap Shield Guards that trigger Vengeance and grant Rise if they pass a Tough check.
- In the Heavy Metal theme force, Field Mechanik Grunts repair at d3+1.
- Nemo4 can bring back fallen Resolutes. He also brings a unit of Arcane Mechaniks with him, who in the Heavy Metal theme force, repair for 2+d3, quickly patching revived units members up. If he brings a Privateer jack they can also hang out next to it for the knock down immunity.
- Haley1 - Haley1 has Arcane Shield just like Stryker. as per her feat she lets them all shoot another time, wich is great for a low body count units that can struggle to trade up in points.
- Haley2 - She is able to essentially give them a time walk, which is great for armies with lots of high value pieces lieke them.
- Haley3 further exacerbates the DEF skew with Temporal Distortion, has Ghost Walk and is able to revive them.
- The Journeyman Warcaster also has Arcane Shield, meaning you can bring an ARM 20 medium infantry unit. Something unhead of in Cygnar before their release.
- Battle Mechaniks can repair them.
- Koldun Lords debuff enemy ARM values and thus amplify their shooting and also have a no-shooting bubble to keep them safe.
- Greylord Ternions in turn debuff enemy DEF and hand out clouds for the concealment bonus.
- Old Witch2 - Has Curse of Shadows just like Fiona and Wind Storm keeps them save from shooting.
- Koldun Kapitan Valachev makes them friendly Khador models in the Wolves of Winter theme, where they add some significant beef to a theme that is otherwise devoid of multi-wound infantry. Aside from Zephyr and Disbinding, he unlocks most of their synergies in this faction:
- Vladimir2 - They make for surprisingly good HoF and feat targets. His feat stacks especially well with multi-wound models because that's where ARM buffs matter the most, he also increases their accuracy with both weapons, damage out-put and speed.
- Kozlov - Tactical Supremacy combined with Zephyr makes them astoundingly mobile, especially combined with the SPD buff from his feat. There are also not many units that are able to make use of +2 ARM and Fury like they do.
- Irusk1 - He has the March, Revile and Special Order battle plans, all of which are great on these guys. Iron Flesh makes them ARM 19 and Battle Lust makes them a real threat in melee. His feta also works really well with them.
- Irusk2 - He has Solid Ground, which stacks nicely with Tough. That makes them very hard to take down. He also has Tactician Faction warrior, so they don't gum themselves up with all the Doom Reavers you will be bringing alongside them. Under Battle Lust the will also utterly murder anything they can get their swords on. As medium infantry they will also shrug off blast damage and will thus not mind standing in one of his Artifices for the Cover and Set Defense bonuses. On his feat turn they should also be able to easily Zephyr out of enemy threat ranges.
- Butcher1 will make them absolute murder machines with his feat and Fury. Iron Flesh is also good on them, naturally.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They only excel when Execrator is in play.
Tricks & Tips
- Resolutes can serve as a counter to scather templates, covering fire, corrosion effects and the like that are otherwise a chief weakness for Flame in the Darkness.
- Released 2020.01
- These boys are Cygnar's first medium-base unit.
Other Theme Forces
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Faction models
|Which Faction am I?
Partisans & Theme Forces (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Blessed Wards - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Holy Bonds - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Repairable - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Set Defense - None yet. (Edit)
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)