|As of 2022.08 Warmachine University has turned into an archive for Mk3 rules (3rd Edition).|
Refer to the Privateer Press website for all modern Mk4 (4th Edition) related content.
This site has been kept online for any players who want to continue using Mk3 rules and/or anyone who wants to compare Mk4 Legacy models to Mk3 models.
More information can be found on the Talk:Main Page area of this wiki.
| Ogrun Bokur |
Mark IV Status: Prime - This model is available in one Prime Army, Rhul Guard. It can also be used in the Unlimited game mode. You can view the other Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
Without a Korune to swear loyalty to, many young Ogrun look towards the battlefields of man to showcase their martial abilities and draw the attention of a worthy lord. Hiring themselves to individuals, those lucky enough to broker a deal and fall under a Bokur's protection soon discover it is time and money very well spent. As there is little left of those unfortunate souls that fall to the enormous polearms and shields of these beasts.
- Client - Before the start of the game, choose one friendly warcaster, warlock, solo, or unit commander to be the Bokur's client. This model cannot be the client of another Bokur or have the same client as another Bokur. If its client leaves play, the Bokur loses all client benefits even if the client is replaced by another model. While within 6" of its client this model gains +2 to attack and damage rolls. If this model's client has Advance Deployment, this model gains Advance Deployment.
- Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary. The Shield Guard special rule can only trigger once per attack roll.
- Slam Power Attack - This model can make slam power attacks.
- Pole Arm - 2" reach, P+S 15 melee attack.
- Powerful Charge - This model gains +2 to charge attack rolls with this weapon.
- Shield - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee attack.
- Other Factions
- Infernal players can use this model in the Hearts of Darkness theme, but only if Crosse2 is leading the army.
- Trollblood players can use this model in the Vengeance of Dhunia theme.
- Furthermore, Mercenary/Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on Ogrun Bokur
Ogrun Bokur in a Nutshell
You take the Bokur to be a cheap Shield Guard with enough armor from the front to face-tank some incoming fire. Because it is not allowed in Irregulars, it is most often seen in Hammer Strike lists where it is the only solo you can take that plays forward, so you may very well see more than one.
Bokurs are solid melee solos. If he gets a charge and the client bonus he punches above his weight class - comparable to an unbuffed Nomad (12 point heavy warjack).
Whether you decide to use your Client bonus on your caster or someone else, there are essentially two ways to use the Bokur:
- Babysit a backline squishy model the entire game, like your caster, in which case you're probably overpaying for Shield Guard.
- Escort a melee dude up the field, who you'd rather didn't get shot off the board during the approach, and then they can both get busy in melee.
Combos & Synergies
- Make the leader of your Horgenhold Forge Guard your client for a hard hitting combination of models, but don't let the leader model die.
- They can Slam, and the Client bonus will count to the attack and damage rolls for that.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Kill the client, weaken the Bokur.
- If you keep it back to Shield Guard something then that's a lot of points on babysitting duty.
- One of the few Mercenary models that isn't allowed in The Irregulars theme force.
Tricks & Tips
- If you're not sure who your opponent is going to shoot, put him within 3" of multiple models.
- RAW, the Bokur can be his own client. However there is an Infernal Ruling to say it can't.
- "Bokur" is the title of a voodoo priest (especially one that specializes in darker aspects).
- The Morgul (spoken by Ogrun) word "Bokur" has no apparent connection to the Quor (spoken by Gatormen) word "Bokur".
- Originally released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
- This model has a limited edition sculpt, released in 2017.03. It was given to Press Gangers only, when that volunteer service was disbanded. As such, it is even more limited than other limited-edition sculpts.
Other Theme Forces
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Farrow Sapper - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Barnabas0 - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Bone Shrine - Croak Hunter - Flugwug the Filcher - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor - Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Underchief Mire - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Alten Ashley - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Death Archon - Dhunian Archon - Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Flubbin1 - Flubbin2 & Dreyfus2 - Flugwug the Filcher - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 & Dez2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kogan the Exile - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Malvin2 - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - The Wastelander - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Tubbin - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon - Weird Wendell
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Independent Warjack||Malvin1 & Mayhem1|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Vengeance of Dhunia - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2021.11|