Nicia, Tear of Vengeance
The widow of a proud Menite soldier, Nicia hopes only that by the time she meets her own inevitable, bloody death she will have killed enough unbelievers to join her husband at Menoth’s side. This peerless Daughter of the Flame strides through battle with lethal grace and speed, each movement gauged to bring her within striking distance. Even as she cuts through one foe, she fells another with cannon fire, wheeling her blade around for another kill. Few enemies have witnessed Nicia's murderous devotions and lived.
|Nicia, Tear of Vengeance|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Sword Cannon - 10" range, POW 12 gun.
- Blade - 2" range, P+S 10 melee attack.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
- Acrobatics - This model can advance through other models if it has enough movement to move completely past their bases. This model ignores intervening models when declaring its charge target.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Quick Work - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it can make one basic ranged attack.
- Rapid Strike - This model can make one additional melee attack each Combat Action.
- Sprint - At the end of an activation in which it destroyed or removed from play one or more enemy models with melee attacks, this model can immediately make a full advance, then its activation ends.
Thoughts on Nicia, Tear of Vengeance
Nicia, Tear of Vengeance in a nutshell
A ninja-assassin widow of the Protectorate Nicia can cause a lot of headache for your opponent. Not geared for protracted frontline combat or going toe to toe with heavies, she is adept at sneaking up on your enemy's flanks, and strike where it hurts the most. Depending on your play style you can go after solos or over-extended infantry formations, kill them, then sprint back to safety. Or you can go all-in, charge into the heart of the enemy for a juicy target, and hope that you can sprint away. In either case Acrobatics and Parry will allow you to ignore any enemy screening models.
Combos & Synergies
Direct support on solos compared to units is usually wasted, unless you absolutely positively want to pull off an assassination run with Nicia. Force multipliers are still the best on her:
- Feora1 - Veteran Leader bonus plus Ignite usually end up in quite telling strikes.
- Feora3 - Incite is self evident, and you can set fire to quite a few models under her feat.
- Kreoss1 and kreoss2 - both incarnations' feat are universal MAT fixers.
- Boundless Charge - either from Durst or Reznik2 can give much needed pathfinder. Vindictus' True Path is also a honourable mention.
- Harbinger - Crusader's Call and an occasional Guided Hand helps you on the attack, while Martyrdom will keep Nicea safe, if a spiked blast damage roll would bring her down before hitting the enemy lines.
- Rhupert - another Pathfinder source, who can also occasionally hand out Tough.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- No Pathfinder on a close combat solo is an insult for any believer of the True Law.
- Without Assault, her ranged abilities will often be wasted.
- MAT7 and ARM13 are plain average stats for a combat solo.
- If she doesn't kill and Sprint away, she will be dead in no time.
- Not suited to hurt heavies on her own.
Tricks & Tips
- Just like with Rhyas, enemies within 12" are not safe from your blade.
- If there are countercharging models near your intended target, try to end your move in their back arc. They cannot charge what they cannot see.
Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
Other Protectorate models