Nicia, Hound of the Abyss
|99% of this website is about Mark 3 (mk3), which is the previous edition of the game (2016 to 2022). The reasons for this are explained here.|
1% of the website is about Mark 4 (mk4), but only in regards to which mk3 models are useable in mk4 Prime and which are mk4 Unlimited. See Legacy Armies for more detail.
| Nicia, Hound of the Abyss |
This model is available in one Prime Army, Infernals. It can also be used in the Unlimited game mode. You can view the other Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
Note that the rest of this page is about the model's Mark III rules.
With a rage utterly unfettered by the constraints of humanity, Nicia has bound herself the infernal cause. A peerless killer, she stalks the battlefield, unleashing death and misery in her wake.
- Advance Deployment
- Acrobatics - This model can advance through other models if it has enough movement to move completely past their bases. This model ignores intervening models when declaring its charge target.
- Marked Soul - This model is a Marked Soul.
- Quick Work - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it can make one basic ranged attack.
- Run & Gun - At the end of its activation, if this model destroyed one or more enemy models with a ranged attacks during that activation, it can make a full advance.
Thoughts on Nicia2
Nicia2 in a Nutshell
Nicia is a ranged combat solo who hunts down and executes enemy models with a vengeance. Her primary role is to provide a powerful ranged weapon that collects and distributes the Souls of her fallen foes. She is extremely difficult to pin down with her array of movement and defensive abilities, and if the enemy does manage to corner her, they're gonna taste her blades!
Combos & Synergies
- Tormentor - This is usually what Nicia ends up as in Dark Legacy. Run her 14" turn one, and turn her into another Tormentor.
- In Hearts of Darkness you cannot summon anyway (sans Regna, who summons for free anyway), thus you get to actually play her and enjoy some synergies.
- Crosse2, Infernal Gate, Orin2 - All of them are soul collectors, who will love being given another soul by her gun. Other faction specific non-warcaster soul collectors also exist, such as Hand of Silence, Sanctifiers and Alexia2.
- Hermit of Hengehold - -2 ARM on enemies make her gun effectively POW 15.
- Greylord Adjunct, Rhoven, Scharde Dirge Seers - Guidance on a Ranged combat solo is always a good idea.
- Eilish1, Eilish2, Koldun Lord, The Withershadow Combine - Puppet Master combined with Luck means you shot is nigh guaranteed to land. The Koldun Lord also has an ARM debuff.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- as with all high def low arm solos wandering AOEs and basically anything that hits her will likely kill her
Tricks & Tips
- With her impressive list of mobility abilities, she can very easily find her way into places your opponent will not like a horror to be summoned.
- Released with the Faction release (2019.06)
- Prior to release, PP hid the identity of Nicia2 from players. Her concept art was "unfortunatley not complete in time for CID" and she was called a completely different name (Kezia Brand, the Screaming Night). She was revealed via a "Wanted Poster" placed on Facebook in the week just before the Faction was released.
Other Infernal models
|Infernal Index (Edit)|
|Unique Rules : Masters, Horrors, Essence, & Summoning|
|Infernal Masters||Agathon - Omodamos - Zaateroth|
|Attachment (1)||Lord Roget d'Vyaros|
|Master Infernalist||Princess Regna|
|Lesser||Foreboder||Heavy||Desolator - Soul Stalker - Tormentor|
|Light||Lamenter - Shrieker||Colossal||Guardian of Souls - Harvester of Souls|
|Units, Solos, & Structures|
Eilish1 - Eilish2 - Great Princess Regna Gravnoy (Master Infernalist) - Hermit of Henge Hold - Lord Roget d'Vyaros (Attachment) - Lynda the Forgotten - Nicia2 - Orin1 - Saxon Orrik - Runewood2 - The Wretch - Umbral Guardian - Valin Hauke, The Fallen Knight
|Dark Legacy - Hearts of Darkness||J.A.I.M.s|
This index was last updated: 2021.07
(1) - Note that an Infernal Master Attachment is not part of the battlegroup, they are merely listed there for convenience.
Rules Clarification : Advance Deployment (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Parry - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Pathfinder (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Stealth (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Acrobatics (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Marked Soul (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Quick Work (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Sprint and/or Run & Gun (Edit)
Rules Clarification: : Magical Damage (Edit)
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Devour Soul (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Luck - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Weapon Master - None yet. (Edit)