|Are you stuck at home wishing you could play Warmachine & Hordes? |
Why not check out the new fan-made War Table simulator?
| Modulator |
The arcane displacer drive represented a major breakthrough in vector design. Freed from the hampering influence of gravity, heavy vectors equipped with this technology—such as the Conservator, Assimilator, and Modulator—gain unparalleled freedom of movement. Coruscating with electrostatic energy along its hull, the Modulator can channel this charge into a bolt of pure energy that electrocutes everything in its path.
- Vector - A vector is a specialised type of warjack used by the Convergence. It swaps out the Cortex for an Induction Node, and this changes how it gets access to focus. Also its MAT & RAT is always equal to its controller's. Click here for a full rundown
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Immunity: Electricity
- Plasma Nimbus - If this model is hit by a melee attack, immediately after the attack is resolved you can choose to have the attacking model suffer a POW 10 electrical damage roll unless this model was destroyed or removed from play by the attack.
- Emitter Surge (x2) - 11" range, POW 10 ranged attacks
- Damage Type: Electricity
- Direct Current - If this attack directly hits, you can choose to have all models whose bases are intersected by a line drawn between the center of the model directly hit and the center of this model suffer an unboostable POW 10 electrical damage roll. This damage is not considered to have been caused by an attack. Resolve Direct Current damage rolls simultaneously with the damage resulting from the attack that caused it.
- Emitter Core (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapons
- There are three Convergence Partisan models that, between them, can take this warjack in a plethora of Mercenary, Cryx, and Cygnar themes.
- These models are Aurora2, Asphyxious4, and Nemo4.
Thoughts on Modulator
Modulator in a nutshell
The modulator is an anti-infantry jack, electrocuting lines of infantry but not hitting as hard as any of the other heavies in melee.
Combos & Synergies
- Its guns, plasma nimbus and direct current all benefit from Ionization Servitors launched by a Prime Conflux.
- Aperture Beams from Iron Mother Directrix's Exponent Servitors also boost the relatively weak attacks of the Modulator. The combined effect of Ionization and Exponent Servitors substantially strengthen the Modulator.
- Fire Group from Iron Mother means he can get the direct current farther, getting more infantry under the line.
- Eminent Configurator Orion can buff the Accuracy and Damage output of the Modulator with his feat. Additional die to hit infantry, and additional die to damage enemy heavies or warcasters can be a surprising amount of punch out of a 10-point vector. Mage Sight, Spellpiercer and Magic Bullet can also ensure that the Modulators can scalpel out just about anything at range.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's too pillow fisted to really qualify as a heavy jack.
- Gets shut down by lightning immunity
- Plasma nimbus won't do anything to protect you from heavies
Tricks & Tips
Use "Direct Current" from your Emitter Surge to take out high DEF or Stealth models. You do need to score a direct hit on your actual target -- if there is not a good enemy model to target and hit, don't forget you can line things up to target one of your own models and damage enemy models between them.
Trivia & Lore
- Released in Forces of Warmachine: Convergence of Cyriss (2013)
- For Lore, see Lore - Convergence Technology
Other Convergence models
|Convergence Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Destructotron 3000 - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Frustum Locus - J.A.I.M.s - Prefect Hypatia - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector
|Clockwork Legions - Destruction Initiative - Strange Bedfellows|
|This index was last updated: 2020.03|
Interface Node and Induction
MAT & RAT
Some MAT/RAT examples
Vectors in non-Convergence factions