| 'Jack Marshal - This model can control a Faction warjack, albeit in a limited manner. Click the link for the full rules.
|| Edit description
The short version is, a warjack under the control of a 'Jack Marshal instead of a warcaster does not gain the free focus from Power Up, cannot be allocated focus from the warcaster, nor benefit from spells/auras that affect "models in the warcaster's battlegroup".
Instead the Marshal can instruct them to either "Crush! Hurry! Shake! Strike True! or Take Aim!"
Marshaled warjacks can still gain focus from other means (such as Empower or Spirit Harvester) which means they can still be very powerful in certain combinations.
Long Version: 'Jack Marshal (p84 of pdf)
’Jack marshals are models with the ’Jack Marshal advantage. They are specialists who command their warjacks through a combination of gestures and commands shouted across the battlefield. Though not as efficient or as powerful as a warcaster’s, a ’jack marshal’s skills can guide a warjack to perform maneuvers it normally would not be able to manage on its own.
’Jack marshals can begin the game controlling warjacks. These warjacks are not part of any warcaster’s battlegroup. A ’jack marshal can control up to one Faction warjack at a time. Mercenary ’jack marshals can control and reactivate (see p. 59) only Mercenary warjacks.
- Example: Dirty Meg is a Mercenary ’jack marshal who can be fielded in a Cygnar army. She can begin the game with a Mercenary warjack even when she is included in a Cygnar army.
Once during each of its activations while in its controller’s command range, a warjack controlled by a ’jack marshal can gain one of the following benefits:
- Crush! – The warjack can make one additional melee attack during its activation this turn. Additionally, it gains +2 on all melee damage rolls during its activation this turn.
- Hurry! – The warjack can run, charge, or make a power attack without spending focus during its activation this turn. Additionally, it gains +2 on charge attack rolls and slam attack rolls during its activation this turn.
- Shake! – If the warjack is knocked down, it can stand up. If the warjack is stationary, the stationary effect expires. Additionally, if the warjack is suffering effects like Blind or Shadow Bind that can be shaken, those effects expire.
- Strike True! – The warjack gains +2 on all attack rolls during its activation this turn.
- Take Aim! – The warjack must use its Normal Movement to aim this turn. Additionally, it gains +2 on all ranged damage rolls during its activation this turn.
A warjack cannot gain one of these benefits while its cortex is crippled or its controlling ’ jack marshal is knocked down or stationary.
If a ’jack marshal is destroyed or removed from the table, its warjack becomes autonomous (p. 67) but does not become inert.
A ’jack marshal can reactivate inert friendly Faction warjacks (see p. 59 for details). The reactivated warjack comes under the ’jack marshal’s control unless the ’jack marshal already controls a warjack; in that case, the reactivated warjack becomes autonomous. A ’jack marshal can also take control of an autonomous friendly Faction warjack (see p. 67 for details) if it is not already controlling another warjack.
If an effect causes your ’jack marshal to fall under your opponent’s control, while your ’jack marshal is controlled by your opponent, the warjack under its control remain under your control and becomes autonomous. If you regain control of your ’jack marshal, the ’jack marshal resumes control of the warjack unless another model has already taken control of it. If an effect causes your ’jack marshaled warjack to fall under your opponent’s control, when you regain control of your ’jack, the ’jack marshal resumes control of it unless the
’jack marshal has already taken control of another warjack. In that case the warjack becomes autonomous.
Rules Clarification : 'Jack Marshal (Edit)
- If a warjack gets a marshal benefit (such as Crush) but then moves out of the marshal's CMD range, it keeps the benefit. (Infernal Ruling)
- Marshals can control character warjacks. (Closed thread)
- Although they never get the Power Up bonus, a marshaled warjack can gain focus via other means (such as Accumulator, Empower, Spirit Harvester, etc).
- They can do this even after the Marshal dies and they become autonomous.
- 'Jack Marshal & Ranking Officer (Edit)
- If a Ranking Officer joins a unit with the 'Jack Marshal ability, then they can still only take Mercenary warjacks - they don't gain access to Faction warjacks. (Infernal Ruling)
- They can control that mercenary warjack as normal, even though they're technically no longer the same faction as the jack. (Infernal Ruling)
Pages in category "'Jack Marshal"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.