|We have 1159 articles and 85% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Combat Caster - When this model's unit receives the Press Forward order, before its Normal Movement, this model can make one Magical Ability special action or special attack. It can then run or charge normally.
- Template:Hard to Keep a Good Monkey Down - If the Monkey is not in play during your Maintenance Phase, you can return the Monkey to this unit this unit. Place the rMonkey completely within 3˝ of this model.
- Magic Ability [ - ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Template:Cradle Song (★Action) - When a living enemy model ends its activation within 5˝ of this model, the enemy model becomes stationary for one round. Cradle Song lasts for one round.
- Desperate Pace [Grymkin] (★ Action) - RNG CMD. Target friendly Grymkin unit. If the unit is in range, Grymkin models in the unit gain +2" movement during their Normal Movement this turn.
- Template:Something Wicked (★Action) - While in this model’s command range, the Monkey gains an adiditional die on melee attack and melee damage rolls and Killing Spree. Something Wicked lasts for one activation. (When a model with Killing Spree destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, after that attack is resolved it can advance up to 1˝ and make one additional melee attack.)
- Wagon - This model always has cover.
- Acrobatics - This model can advance through other models if it has enough movement to move completely past their bases. This model ignores intervening models when declaring its charge target.
- Countercharge - When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6" of this model and in its LOS, this model can immediately charge it. This model can use Countercharge only once per round and not while engaged.
- Monkey Bite - While in melee with Mr. Walls, living enemy models suffer -2 to melee attack rolls.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- Bite - 0.5" reach, POW 3, P+S 8 melee attack
Thoughts on the Malady Man
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Malady Man in a nutshell
Nothing seems more Grymkin than a devilish songster who enchants you with his tunes while his murderous monkey companion bites his way through your infantry. The Malady Man (and his monkey) are a small two-mankey unit that provides some control for you and some spacing problems for your opponent. The Malady Man himself has a bevy of bewitching spells that makes life difficult for your opponent. Also, when needed, he can really turn the dial up to 11 and let the monkey loose, where it goes on a homicidal killing spree. Don't worry, when the monkey finally falls, another pops up next turn. Lastly, he can turn his melody upon his own allies to increase their movement as they rampage across the battlefield towards their enemy with Desperate Pace for Grymkin units.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- Beta rules released 2019.01
Other Grymkin models
|Grymkin Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Battle Engines||Death Knell|
|Dark Menagerie - Bump in the Night||Eilish Garrity, the Occultist|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.