| Lys Healer |
Lys healers embrace both spirituality and anatomical knowledge in equal parts. Before the Retribution drew Ios into conflict with the nations of men, Lys healers spent much of their time mending incidental injuries or driving illnesses from the bodies of their fellow elves, but war has forced them to the front lines where their ability as physicians is in high demand.
- Heal [d3+1] (★ Action) - Remove d3+1 damage from a living Faction model in B2B.
- Magic Ability [ - ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Move to Assist - If one or more friendly faction warrior models were damaged by enemy attacks while in the this model's command range during the last round, during your Maintenance Phase this model can make a full advance.
- Soul Ward - Enemy models cannot gain soul tokens from friendly models destroyed within this model's command range.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
| Power of Faith
|For one round, friendly Faction models cannot be knocked down or made stationary while within 5" of this model.|
| Purifying Prayer
|Animi and continuous effects in this model's command range expire.|
- Defenders of Ios. Lys Healers gain Reposition  in this theme.
- Legions of Dawn
- Shadows of the Retribution
2018.09 Retribution Legacy CID
Thoughts on Lys Healer
Lys Healer in a nutshell
Good companion for the warcaster, solos with 5+ hp, and leader unit attachments. She can prevent knock downs which helps against some spells and effects, and she can negate upkeep spells and animi to level the playing field. She can move to an ally that just survived an attack and can prevent enemies like the Cryx or some Skorne from gaining retribution soul tokens. Worth the meager points to field one.
Combos & Synergies
- Any caster with squishy ARM but solid DEF could always do with a no Knockdown or Stationary bubble to chill in.
- Shield Guards (Fane Knight Guardian for added caster protection or an Aspis) can keep her company, usually close to the caster.
- The House Shyeel Artificer can give her a bit of coverage from Force Wall, but more generally Adeptis Rahn can keep blast damage away, too.
- Combo with the Ryssovass Defenders to give them no-knockdown Tough even when not in a base-to-base formation.
- Combo with Goreshade4's Dauntless Resolve, to make any unit no-knockdown tough.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- She has no attacks, not even spells, that can damage the enemy.
- Because of the relatively low area of her abilities' effects and that it's usually forward elements that need them most, she does tend to be easy to kill with those defensive stats. She forces you to brick up to block LOS to her.
Tricks & Tips
Treat her like the Arcanist but for the living troops and not the Myrmidons.
Other Retribution models