Lieutenant Allison Jakes
|We have 1291 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Lieutenant Allison Jakes |
A consummate duelist, Lieutenant Allison Jakes moves across the war-torn battlefields of western Immoren with deadly poise, striking down foes and then darting away in preparation for her next attack. She utilizes her arcane abilities to impart the same fluidity of movement to the warjacks in her battlegroup, granting them a burst of speed at the critical moment or imbuing them with the grace of a duelist.
- Battlegroup Controller - (1) This model is not a warcaster but has the following warcaster special rules: Battlegroup Commander, Focus Manipulation, Power Field, and Spellcaster. (2) This model must have at least one warjack in its battlegroup at the start of the game.
- Sprint - At the end of an activation in which it destroyed or removed from play one or more enemy models with melee attacks, this model can immediately make a full advance, then its activation ends.
- Handcannon - 12" range, POW 12 gun.
- Mechanika Blade - 0.5" reach, P+S 10
- Duelling Dagger - 0.5" reach, P+S 7
- Damage Type: Magical
|Each model in the spellcaster's battlegroup that is currently in its control range can immediately advance up to 2". Energizer can be cast only once per activation.|
|Target warjack in Jake's battlegroup gains +2 DEF and cannot become knocked down, be pushed, placed, or moved by a slam. While B2B with the target 'jack, Jakes gains the same benefits.|
2019.08 Dynamic Update
- This model became a Morrowan model, allowing it into the Flames in the Dark theme and preventing it going in the Hearts of Darkness theme.
Thoughts on Jakes1
Jakes1 in a nutshell
Jakes is a character Journeyman Warcaster. She's better at running warjacks because she's got more jack-friendly spells and a better focus stat, but she doesn't come with the Arcane Shield. Bring her if you want a jack or two outside your caster's battlegroup and those jacks need more focus than what they get from Power Up.
Combos & Synergies
Jakes of course has an extra focus to throw around over a normal Journeyman and some interesting spells - giving her a wider range of jacks.
- The Charger for offensive power is perfect (one focus to the Charger, one to upkeep Sidekick, and one to keep the Journeyman alive) and is the normal jack of choice. She can even run two at once - and sometimes get better shots off thanks to Energizer
- The Sentinel has shield guard - but normally works better with a jack marshal than with a point of focus.
- The Hunter has the most firepower and can stay furthest away from its controller. A Def 16 jack that can't be moved is also very good at contesting zones.
- The Thunderhead may seem like over-mounting a warjack, but it's enough of a ranged jack that she can stay far enough back to be safe, and her mobility gives it some very interesting options.
In Flame in the darkness there are some fun choices to consider.
- Mule - With Energizer it gets easier into firing position whilst still making use of it's Steam Lobber special rule.
- Swabber - It provides Girded to her while retaining the push, place and slam immunity, making great contesting and scoring pieces, while occasionally can help reeling in targets for the rest of the army.
- Swashbuckler - Usually melee jacks are ill advised for junior casters, but this one reaches an infuriatingly high DEF under Sidekick - further augmented by cover or concealment, the Morrowan Archon's aura, by duelist in melee, and by Fiona's or Ashlynn1's feat. It also guzzles Focus that merc casters usually can't provide, but Jakes has some to spare.
- Constance Blaize - As a morrowan model, Jakes can use Connies focus to boost melee attacks. Jakes can use her own focus to buy attacks, so after a good feat turn she can potentially have 6 fully boosted melee attacks.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Doesn't support anything outside her battlegroup
- Kill the Battlegroup Commander, ruin the warjacks
- Despite her melee flicks she lacks Pathfinder.
Tricks & Tips
- Keep her far back until the endgame. It's normally easier to kill the Journeyman than the jacks. She can fight as a solo - but should only ever do so once her jack or jacks have been destroyed or if you are going all-in
- Her gun is good for the occasional potshot, but don't rely on this for your main source of damage.
- Jakes is one of the Journeyman Warcasters released as part of the WARMACHINE: Tactics videogame Kickstarter (2014)
- She is the main character in the videogame
- She has some backstory in the ebook anthology Rites of Passage, 2014.04, alongside the other Journeymen released in the Tactics game.
- There was a limited edition sculpt available for Kickstarter backers. There is now a non-limited sculpt for general purchase.
- Her rules were published in the Warmachine: Vengeance expansion (2014)
Other Cygnar models
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)