Theme - Legions of Dawn
| Theme - Legions of Dawn |
The proud Dawnguard soldiers of House Nyarr represent one of the greatest assets in the Retribution of Scyrah’s arsenal. These oath-sworn warriors boast martial traditions stretching back millennia and make up the elite soldiery of the Retribution. Bearing the most advanced weapons and armor of their Great Military House, they are implacable warriors devoted to House Nyarr and through it the Retribution’s cause.
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on this Theme Force
- 3 Other
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Please feel free to update the article and remove this warning.
Legions of Dawn in a nutshell
A nice, combined-arms theme for your Dawnguards - mainly for Sentinels. The theme bonus gives a quasi-tactician for your warjacks, making navigation through your infantry screen less challenging - if you don't have a Scyir nearby. The easiest way to unlock the 40 pts threshold is to get 2 Sentinels+UA, gaining one of the attachment and a Scyir for free.
Theme weaknesses & Mitigating them
- This theme is pretty solid. You have high mobility models, high power models, high volume of fire models, and the tools to keep them protected on the way into melee. If anything the biggest weakness is just being SPD5 on your mainstay infantry.
List Building tips
- Scyir - He lost quite a lot of his importance with the latest CID, since your jacks get the equivalent of tactics by default, plus his marshaled jacks cannot flank anymore. Still, he eases the movement issues with your cavalry and infantry around, and Righteous Vengeance may still help you to deliver an angry jack into the face of the enemy.
Starting a 25 point list
If you want to try this theme but are still stuck for ideas, try this. It's relatively newbie friendly.
- Max unit of Dawnguard Sentinels plus their CA 
Casters of Note
- Magister Helynna - Deceleration is all that takes to deliver your Sentinels or Destors to the enemy, and you can add an additional layer of protection with your feat.
- Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn - great movement boost with Crusader's Call, another ARM boost, and anti-shooting tech with Blinding Light. Her feat ensures you some protection from bad dice rolls.
- Vyros1 and Vyros2 - yet 2 more casters with ARM boosters, with great spells for their battlegroup too. The prime incarnation's feat allows warjacks to run in and unjam your frontlines from all but the toughest models, while the epic incarnation's veteran bonus will make your hits all the more deadlier (goes for the ones you deliver under Vengeance too).
- Kaelyssa - it's a lot easier to deliver sentinels when they have stealth and can't be charged for one turn on the approach, and Banishing Ward to prevent one unit being debuffed is nice too.
- Lord Ghyrrshyld, the Forgiven - He can take Sentinels to ARM23 under Dauntless Resolve and Minifeat, he can give them Ghost Walk to clear rough terrain out of deployment, he has a DEF fixer nuke for removing high threat solos, he can run a pretty good gunline with Tridents and Invictors because of his ARM debuff, and he can protect against shooting with cloudwalls. His Field Marshal helps keep debuffs off of your units. His Feat makes attacking Sentinels with anything that isn't ranged or Immune to Cold an absolute trap, usually forcing your opponents to just back off for a turn. In short he does an incredible amount for this theme, only limited by how much Focus he has.
Rules Clarification: Theme Forces (Edit)
Warjacks/Warbeasts with bonds [Show/Hide]
Including Mercenaries [Show/Hide]
Number of Mercenaries
Partisans & Theme Forces (Edit)
Mercenaries and Quasi-Partisans
Mercenaries and Ranking Officers
Benefits for a single model/unit (eg "One unit of [blah] gains [yaddah]") [Show/Hide]
Free models and Specialists (ADR) [Show/Hide]
Unit Attachments & free points [Show/Hide]
When to apply theme benefits [Show/Hide]
Number of free models [Show/Hide]
Cryx - Ghost Fleet [Show/Hide]
Cryx - Scourge of the Broken Coast [Show/Hide]
Cryx - Slaughter Fleet Raiders [Show/Hide]
Protectorate - The Faithful Masses [Show/Hide]
Protectorate - The Creator's Might [Show/Hide]
Mercenary - Llaelese Resistance [Show/Hide]
Circle - The Bones of Orboros [Show/Hide]
Circle - Call of the Wild [Show/Hide]
Circle - The Devourer's Host [Show/Hide]
Legion - Children of the Dragon [Show/Hide]
Skorne - The Exalted [Show/Hide]
Trollblood - Kriel Company [Show/Hide]
Crucible Guard - Magnum Opus [Show/Hide]
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category: Legions of Dawn