League Model - Alexia, Betrayer of Corvis
|We have 1159 articles and 85% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
What if Alexia had betrayed Corvis rather than helping free the city? The skorne would have found her a very interesting subject and would likely have turned her broken mind to their own ends. How might eastern Cygnar have fared against the sorceress warlock with the powerful Witchfire in hand?
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Arcane Disjunction - When an enemy model casts a spell while in this model's command range, double the COST of the spell. Additionally, enemy models must pay double to upkeep spells on modes/units in this model's command range.
- Soul Taker: Cull Soul - This model can gain soul tokens. When a living enemy model is destroyed within 2" of this model, this model gains the destroyed model's soul token. After this model replenishes focus during the next Control Phase, replace each soul token with 1 focus point.
- Range Amplifier - When this model casts a spell and is the point of origin of the spell, it gains +5" RNG.
- Witchfire - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Hand Cannon - 12" range, 1 rof, 12 pow ranged weapon
- Banishing Ward - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target model/unit cannot be the target of enemy spells/upkeeps. Also, any upkeep spells and animi on the target immediately expire.
- Bleed - Cost 2, 8" range, POW 10
- When Bleed damages a living enemy model, this model can remove d3 damage points.
- Hollow ❙ Melee ❙ COST: 2 ❙ RNG: 6 ❙ ROF: 43 ❙ AOE: 65 ❙ POW: 56 ❙ P+S: 78 ❙ DUR: UP ❙ OFF: NO
- Target friendly living Skorne warrior model/unit gains Undead and Soul Vessel. When an affected model is destroyed, Mordikaar gains its soul token regardless of the proximity of other models. (Soul Vessel - This model has a soul as if it were a living model.)
- Obliteration - Cost 4, 10" range, 5" AOE, POW 15
- This spell has zero special effects.
- Void Summons - Cost 3, Range 8, Pow 12, Offensive
- When a living enemy warrior model is boxed by this spell, remove the moxed model from play and replace it with a Void Spirit. Void Summins can be cast only once per activation.
Feat : Unholy Communion
Choose d3+3 enemy non-warcaster/warlock warrior models currently in Alexia's CTRL range.
- If a chosen model is living, it suffers a boostable POW 12 corrosion damage roll.
- If a chosen model is undead, you take control of it for one turn. It becomes a friendly independent model and can activate normally this turn.
Thoughts on Alexia-1
Alexia-1 in a nutshell
Alexia-1 is almost certainly a twist on Void Seer Mordikaar that was left on the drawing board because she doesn't fit together properly. The same signature Hollow/Cull Soul combination. A twist on his affinity with Void Spirits in her spell list. Some anti-magic tech. And a way to sling offensive spells relatively safely. Unfortunately she doesn't have as deep or interesting a toolbox as the Void Seer. The recent Exalted CID gives Direct Souls to the Supreme Guardian; this plus the new Immortal Vessel makes Alexia pretty much broken as a spell slinger.
Combos and Synergies
Currently in the CID Alexia is probably broken thanks to Direct Spirits on the Supreme Guardian. This doesn't matter much as she isn't tournament legal. (Without the Supreme Guardian she's at the weak end of the spectrum, almost never better than the Void Seer).
Alexia wants some large units to Hollow and to be burned up to fuel her spellcasting. These are only found in two themes; Winds of Death and Masters of War. The rest of her tech is offensive and infantry-killing so she needs arm-cracking models.
Support Alexia likes is available in both themes;
- Aptimus Marketh can cast Void Summons in his own activation, making him downright terrifying.
- Extoller Soulward gives her Eyeless Sight so she can zap people
- Immortal Vessel for both channeling from different places and for Telemetry to give her a to hit buff.
- Cyclops Shaman (or Farrow Bone Grinders) give her 2" of threat for her spells on top of her normal Range Amplifier.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- She is not tournament legal. Just for funzies.
- She's all about the offensive spells. Drop her into spell hate and she's struggling.
- She doesn't boost accuracy, damage, or threat ranges. And she doesn't even protect her own models other than from incoming spells. It's all about the zaps - and they never do enough work.
Tricks and Tips
- The Void Spirit she creates can activate that turn, making it an impressively nasty spell.
- Bleed can spell assassinate but is two POW less than Zaal. Sometimes Obliteration at 5 higher POW is better.
- See also: League Models (etc)