Lady Karianna Rose
|We have 1159 articles and 85% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
- "Loss and madness are fickle things, but for my new family now I sing."
Driven to madness by loss and grief, the grymkin have adopted poor Lady Karianna Rose as one of their own. Lady Rose’s songs soothe the rage that feeds the grymkin nightmares, but she can also whip them into a frenzy on a whim. The worst fate awaits any who raises a hand against her, for if this delirious beauty is ever struck down, the grymkin would fall upon her attacker with swift and furious retribution.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Lady Karianna Rose
- 3 Other
|Lady Karianna Rose|
- Ancillary Attack (★ Action) - RNG 3. Target friendly Faction warjack/warbeast immediately makes a basic melee or ranged attack. A model can be targeted by Ancillary Attack only once per turn.
- Enrage (★ Action) - RNG 3 . Target friendly Faction warbeast. If the warbeast is in range, it gains +2 STR for one turn.
- Shepherd's Call (★ Action) - Remove up to 1 fury from each friendly Faction living warbeast currently within 3".
- Sorrowful Rampage - If Lady Rose is destroyed by an enemy attack, during your next turn friendly Faction models gain +1 to attack and damage rolls.
- Dagger - 0.5" reach, P+S 7 melee weapon
Thoughts on Lady Karianna Rose
Lady Karianna Rose in a nutshell
A powerful beast support solo for the Dark Menagerie theme force. She makes your beasts hit harder, manages your fury, and in a very Grymkin-esque way punishes your opponents for killing her.
Is Lady Rose worth taking in my list?
Lady Rose brings a few very valuable factors to the table. However she is at the end of the day, only giving a single enrage to a faction that hits very hard, a single ancillary attack to a mostly melee faction, and managing fury where multiple solos with serenity are already taken. Generally Lady Rose should be considered when you assess the match ups you expect to face and you want additional P+S to crack armor. Enrage is her most used ability.
She's very effective as a support model - but the Grymkin player must be careful that they do not overload their list with support. Especially as most Dark Menagerie lists begin with 13pts of support in the form of the Death Knell, and then followed up by at least a free Crabbit or two, if not paid ones. Currently multiple competitive lists get by without Lady Rose meaning while compelling, she is definitely optional. Weigh up your options carefully when considering her.
Combos & Synergies
- All Grymkin beasts gain a significant benefit from +2 STR.
- The Heavies Skin & Moans and Cage Rager will remove heavier targets more effectively
- The Lights such as the Gorehound and the Rattler can benefit against lighter targets. By combining Enrage with other effects it can be possible to make the Lights hit like Heavies
- Stacking bonuses to STR and POW with other casters can get you to very high damage numbers. Almost all Grymkin casters have a way to swing P+S by at least 2. Some of them, more than others (Heretic can do +5! Rose takes him to an incredible +7)
- She can make the Frightmare fire twice with ancillary attack. Its not a combo you'll use often, but it'll surprise your opponent the first time you do it.
- Sorrowful Rampage combined with Arcana that add to attack and damage rolls (The Reckoning & Fortunes Path) can give your entire army a huge buff
Drawbacks & Downsides
- High-priority target
- Damage which is "not considered to be from an attack" (such as Electro Leaps and collateral damage from slams and throws) can kill her without triggering Sorrowful Rampage.
- Since she must play close to the warbeasts, she is more susceptible to it than you'd think.
- Lady Rose is extremely vulnerable to Remove from Play effects as they do not trigger Sorrowful Rampage either
- Make sure you read the Remove from Play in question, some RFP triggers on destroyed, which does let Sorrowful Rampage go off
- Remove from Play is very valuable in the current meta, meaning your opponent can easily "accidentally" have the answer to Lady Rose
- Support bloat - you can spend an overly large part of your army points for support pieces easily
Tricks & Tips
- She can hold flags well, opponents will not want to kill her after the lines have engaged as Sorrowful Rampage is very strong
- You can Enrage the Shadow warbeast
- On turn 1 she can strip the fury off a lot of beasts by walking 6" and using Shepherds call. It will always effect cage ragers that haven't been speed buffed, and it will effect any Skin & Moans and lights that you are not pushing forwards as hard as possible.
- You can use Ancillary Attack on a frenzied beast.
- You can use Ancillary Attack to get in that final swing after failing to kill your target with your full-up beast.
- Killing Lady Karianna, in some matches is far worse than letting her live for an opponent. One tactic that can potentially be used is to place her between your important heavies and their heavy killers. They will be forced to kill Lady Rose and then your entire army benefits from a +1/+1 to hit and damage rolls. This can make the counterpunch absolutely sickening.
- Combo'd with Fortune's Path you can give your entire army +2/+2, which is insanity. MAT 9 PS 21 Skin&Moans, Mat 8 PS15 rattlers, Mat 8 PS19 cage ragers, RAT 7 POW 15 frightmares etc.
- Don't attempt this tactic when your opponent has easy ways of killing her that don't require attacks. You'll be down an important solo for nothing.
- Don't do this against Remove from Play heavy armies either! same reason, Sorrowful Rampage requires Lady Karianna to be destroyed
- Beta rules released in the Grymkin CID (2017.03), final rules with the Faction release (2017.06)
- A rare thing - she was unchanged by the CID process.
- This model has a limited edition sculpt, released in 2018.08.
Other Grymkin models
|Grymkin Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Battle Engines||Death Knell|
|Dark Menagerie - Bump in the Night||Eilish Garrity, the Occultist|