LPG - Structures
| LPG Articles |
Unique Faction Rules
|101 Articles (Basic)|
|LOTS Articles (Advanced)|
- This article is part of Warmachine University's Learning to Play the Game (LPG) series, which is "Intermediate Training" aimed at new players who are still learning the core rules.
Structures represent fortifications, large and immobile artillery, sacred shrines, and other fixed positions that lend support to an army on the battlefield. They are a model that can be added to your army.
Recap for Newbies
None. The official rules are short and sweet.
From page 85 of the 2020.02 edition of the core rules.
Structures are independent models and are not warrior models.
A structure cannot be moved or placed and has no Normal Movement. A structure is never affected by the rule of least disturbance. Because it has no Normal Movement, a structure cannot aim.
A structure cannot make free strikes.
A structure is automatically hit by melee attacks. A structure never gains the DEF bonus from concealment, cover, or elevation. A structure cannot gain Incorporeal or Stealth . A model can never gain a back strike bonus against a structure. A structure cannot be affected by Grievous Wounds.
A structure can make ranged attacks while in melee.
From the 2020.02 edition of the core rules
Fields of Fire
- Page 37 A huge-based model’s front arc is marked on its base. Its front arc is further divided into two 90° fields of fire. These fields of fire determine which models a huge-based model can target with its weapons, depending on the location of those weapons. Weapons located on a huge-based model’s left side (L) can be used to target only models in its left field of fire, and weapons located on its right side (R) can be used to target only models in its right field of fire. Weapons with locations “S,” “H,” or “—” can be used to target models in either field of fire. If any part of a model’s base is on the line separating the left and right fields of fire, the model is considered to be in both fields of fire.
Concealment, Cover, LOS
- Page 49 Concealment & Cover - Huge-based models never gain the DEF bonuses from concealment or cover.
- Page 60 Clouds - Cloud effects do not block line of sight to huge-based models.
- Page 87 Forests - Forests do not block line of sight to huge-based models.
Huge-Based models in melee
- Page 54 - Huge-based models never gain the Target in Melee DEF bonus.
- Page 65 - Combined Ranged Attacks cannot target a model in melee unless it has a huge base.