Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers
|Please help review these models: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers |
The conjoined brothers Kwaak Slickspine and Gub were born with the gift of sorcery. This unusual pair fights on behalf of the croak tribes allied to the Blindwater Congregation, hoping to one day secure a permanent home for their people. The uniting of their bodies and souls allows them to output a blistering storm of magic, which they use to destroy any foe the Blindwater Congregation has marked for death.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Kwaak & Gub
- 3 Other
|Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers|
- Immunity: Corrosion
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Share the Load - Once per turn, when this model makes a Magic Ability special attack or special action, immediately after the attack or action resolved it can make one additional Magic Ability special attack or special action.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
|Target friendly Faction warjack/warbeast. If the warjack/warbeast is in range, the next time it suffers damage from an enemy attack while it is not advancing, immediately after the attack is resolved the warjack/warbeast can make a full advance, then Enliven expires. Enliven lasts for one round.|
| Heal [d3]
|Target friendly living Faction model. If the model is in range, remove d3 damage points from it.|
| Mud Foot
|This magic attack does no damage. A model/unit hit loses Pathfinder and treats open terrain as rough terrain. Mud Foot lasts for one round.|
|(★ Attack)||8" spray||-||10 (Corrode)||-||Yes|
|Venom deals Corrosion Damage. Models hit suffer the Corrosion continuous effect.|
This solo may be used in the following theme forces without using their single minion solo option:
- Disciples of Agony (Skorne)
- Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) In this theme, this Minion becomes a Blighted model. Also, enemy models that end their activation within 2" of this model suffer continuous corrosion.
- Secret Masters (Circle) - this model may be taken as a requisition option in this theme despite not being a Circle solo
As a minion solo, they can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's themes as their single allowed minion unit. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
2021. 10 (Rebalancepocalypse): -1 point
Thoughts on Kwaak & Gub
Kwaak & Gub in a nutshell
Kwaak and Gub are a powerful and effective spellcaster with four spells and the ability to cast two in a turn. All of their spells are situationally useful, and mean they will have something to do every turn.
- Enliven helps keep heavies safe by walking them away from a charge, taking only a single free strike. Worth its cost alone.
- Heal is occasionally useful, especially if a warbeast gets an aspect shot out
- Corrosion sprays can shred single wound infantry units
- Mud Foot is incredibly powerful, especially against slow units. It means that spd 6 units with 2" melee will only threaten 8" if they charge. The short range means Kwaak will often die as a result, but this spell can shut down an assassination run very quickly.
Combos & Synergies
- Jaga-Jaga, the Death Charmer has Signs & Portents - making hitting easier.
- "Rask and Friends" consists mainly of 8 point solos and warbeasts and as such they appreciate heals, enliven and infantry clearing equally as well as a contesting solo while the lessers clean up house.
- Enliven and Countercharge on Lug make for some unpredictable movement options during the opponent turn.
- Gatormen Posse adding healing to a brick unit makes them brick-ier.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They have no defensive tech, low DEF, and are squishy
- Mud Foot doesn't stop flying or ghostly
Tricks & Tips
- Keep them back to keep them safe unless you have good reason.
- Put Enliven on your heavy warbeast, and it'll probably survive a single charge attack + a single free strike (that the Enliven move triggers). Then on your turn you can cast Heal on it twice (if needed, the only damage boxes to truly matter are the last in each spiral) and then go to town on the enemy.
- Models affected by Mud Foot can still gain pathfinder back. If you are going to put Kwaak somewhere risky just to cast a Mud Foot, be sure they don't have Rhupert or Saxon Orrik hanging around to negate it.
Released in the Blindwater CID (2017.09)
Other Theme Forces
|Circle Orboros (Edit)|| Legion of Everblight (Edit)
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Minion models