Kovnik Apprentice Kratikoff
|We have 1251 articles and 88% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Dawnguard Destors (1 year review)||Dawnguard Destor Thane (1 year review)||Defenders of Ios (1 year review)||Bump in the Night (Casters)|
| Kovnik Apprentice Kratikoff |
The woman who would become one of Khador's greatest warcasters entered military service young, lying to recruiters to get into the Winter Guard two years before normal eligibility. By the time her warcaster talent was recognized, she was already a battle-hardened veteran. Awakened to her talent after the death of her superior officer, she was impatient to put training behind her and do her part in the Motherland's wars. She inspired her soldiers with her courage and heroics, ever inclined to close with the enemy as quickly as possible.
- Immunity: Cold
- Battlegroup Controller - (1) This model is not a warcaster (it's a solo) but has the following warcaster special rules: Battlegroup Commander, Focus Manipulation, Power Field, and Spellcaster. (2) This model must have at least one warjack in its battlegroup at the start of the game.
- No Sleeping on the Job [Winter Guard] - This model and Winter Guard models in its command range cannot become knocked down.
- Blunderbuss - 8" range, POW 12 ranged attack
- Mechanikal Axe - 1" reach, POW 6, P+S 12 melee attack
| Boundless Charge
|During its activation, target friendly Faction model can charge without spending focus or being forced and gains +2" movement and Pathfinder when it charges. Boundless Charge lasts for one turn.|
| Fog of War
|Models gain concealment while in the spellcaster's control range.|
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Sorscha0
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Dont delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Sorscha0 in a Nutshell
Kovnik Apprentice Kratikoff is Boundless Charge on a stick. As such she is all about threat extension. Since Boundless is not an upkeep it can be stacked with any other movement buffs your actual warcaster can provide.
She also provides concealment via Fog of War for some protection against shooting. Additionally, she keeps your Winter Guard on their feet and, most importantly, runs a jack for you.
Combos & Synergies
Sorscha0 is a buffbot that hands out benefits to jacks and Winter Guard alike that can be futher stacked with other buffs from solos or Casters.
- Greylord Forge Seer - She can cast Boundless Charge on his marshalled jack, which thus charges for free. A charging Behemoth under the crush order will wreck faces!
- Kovnik Jozef's ability to hand out tough stacks nicely with her No Sleeping ability.
- Fog of War is great to keep models alive on the way in. It stacks nicely with spells such as Iron Flesh on the units you want protected.
- Old Witch1 also especially benefits from Fog of War since it triggers her Prowl and Apparition and Gallows can act as a pseudo threat extender on top of Boundless.
- Any caster with movement buffs will appreciate the extra 2" from Boundless since it can, depending on the caster, push threat ranges to ludicrous levels. There include:
- Harkevich with Mobility.
- Butcher3 with Energizer, Vengeance and Impending Doom.
- Irusk2 also with Energizer.
- Malakov2 with Escort (also his Sneak battle plan stacks nicely with Fog of War).
- Kozlov with his feat and he himself has Sidestep
- Karchev's Road to War.
- Strakhov1 with his feat, Superiority and Overrun.
- Irusk1 also with Superiority.
- Strakhov2 with Quicken.
- Jacks in WGK can also have Advance Move which up their threat ranges yet again.
- Malakov1 forms quite the dynamic duo with her in either theme, since they can stack Redline and Boundless on any targetable jack without any input from your caster.
- A Rager is a cheap shield guard. Which is what every journeyman loves.
- The Berserker is the cheapest jack you can put on her if you want to save points.
- Beast-09 can be taken in themes with her, even though she's not a full Warcaster.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- She's essentially just a buffbot and as such contributes little to the fight herself. You'll have to keep her far back.
- Fog of War and No Sleeping are different ranges, so you need to keep track of that.
Tricks & Tips
Remember Fog of War affects enemy models too. Although it's not a huge problem, because of her smaller control range.
- Released at LVO (2019.02)
- Released to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Warmachine, alongside Deneghra0, Severius0, and Caine0.
Other Khador models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)