Knights Exemplar Seneschal
A living pillar of faith, this holy knight feels the demise of every Menite like a blade cutting his flesh, fuelling his otherworldly resolve and righteous fury. The Exemplar Seneschal is nothing less than a force of nature, wading diligently through the enemy, sowing death as he goes. Those unfortunate enough to become the object of the Seneschal's wrath are smote by the sheer power of his holy rage, cast aside as if struck by a great wave smashing the shore.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Knights Exemplar Seneschal
- 3 Other
|Knights Exemplar Seneschal|
- Relic Blade (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 11 melee weapons.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon deals Magical damage.
- Chain Attack: Smite - If both initials with this weapon hit the same target, then after resolving the second initial you get to make a free 3rd melee attack vs it. If the 3rd attack hits, the target is slammed d6" directly away from this model. If the model hit has a larger base than the attacking model, it is moved only half the distance rolled. The POW of collateral damage is equal to the STR of this model.
- Inhuman Resolve - 1) This model heals a damage point whenever a living friendly Faction model is killed by an enemy attack while in its CMD range. 2) When this model is disabled, it is knocked down instead of becoming boxed, and remains disabled. If active, its activation ends. If inactive, it cannot activate. 3) If it is still disabled at the start of your next Maintenance Phase, it is destroyed.
- Righteous Fury - When one or more friendly Faction models are destroyed by an enemy attack while within this model's CMD range, this model gains +2 STR & ARM for one round.
2018.07 Exemplar Errata
- Increased Command from 9 to 10
Thoughts on Knights Exemplar Seneschal
Knights Exemplar Seneschal in a nutshell
The Knights Exemplar Seneschal is a solo who wrecks things. A weapon master with high MAT and Chain Attack: Smite, he does a lot of damage for a solo. He's also excellent at contesting scenario, and can throw your opponent's order of activations in a loop if they want him dead.
Combos & Synergies
- Infantry to sac to the Inhuman Resolve.
- Harbinger can keep him alive even longer via Martyrdom, and she loves having a powerful combat solo.
- Gravus can keep him from being knocked down.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Slow and easy to jam
- Easy to prevent his healing mechanisms with some lists.
Tricks & Tips
- Put him at the front near other infantry. Let them decide whether to kill him or the rest.
- Chain Attack Smite means that his smites are very aimable if you get it right - smite one tough model into or over others. You can also do this to your own models, although finding one that will survive his attacks might be difficult.
Originally released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
Other Protectorate models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)