|I have an update about Special Order Models - it is no longer a thing. |
Click here to read more.
| Judicator |
The Judicator channels Menoth's wrath by delivering the punishment of fire unto heathens. It can unleash withering barrages of rockets while bathing the unfaithful in great gouts of holy flame. Its cortex is linked to a blessed reliquary containing the interred remains of an honored priest whose essence serves as a reservoir for divine energies, filling the machine with spiritual power and enabling it to fight unrelentingly in the name of the Creator.
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules (click the link for full details).
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Reliquary - The Judicator gains an additional die on attack and damage rolls, but discards the lowest die of each roll. While its S system is disabled, the Judicator loses the benefits of Reliquary.
- Rocket Pod (x2) - 14" range, 3" AOE, POW 14 guns.
- Flame Thrower (x2) - 10" spray, POW 12 guns
- Fist (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 21 melee weapons.
2019.08 Dynamic update
- Points increased by 1 to 35
Thoughts on Judicator
Judicator in a nutshell
The Judicator is a Colossal with respectable potential in throwing out numerous AoE attacks at long range, frying targets with its dual flamer, and beat heavy targets into pulp with its fists. It was considered sub-par early in Mk3, but everything changed when the Exemplar Interdiction CID update hit.
- Speed 5 lets it be relevant earlier in the game.
- SP10 flamers are extremely effective - sprays are very good in MK3 due to premeasuring and being able to carefully place your model where you'll hit the most.
- Significant price decrease.
- The Reliquary changes buff everything about the Judicator's output.
It's early days but it's rapidly outshadowing the Revelator.
Combos & Synergies
Usual caveat for things that enhance warjacks:
- The true-and-tested trio of Choir, Vassal Mechanik, and Vassal of Menoth
- The Deliverer Arms Master allows it to launch its rockets beyond screening models
- Anyone who can further enhance its ARM (Defender's Ward, Inviolable Resolve and the like).
- Battlegroup and force multipliers (Incite, Brand of Heresy, Crusaders' Call, Manifest Destiny, Eye of Menoth, etc.)
- Universal de-buffs (Death Sentence)
- Speed Buffs (Redline, Escort)
- RAT 1 on the Rocket Pods doesn't matter much if your target is knocked down - Kreoss1, Kreoss3, and Malekus can all do so via a feat (Kreoss1) or spell (Kreoss3 and Malekus).
- Playing the Judicator in Exemplar Interdiction grants it Blessed weapons. This makes its sprays (un)holy terrors, as the only defensive buffs they won't ignore are feats and elevation.
- The new dark horse is High Reclaimer here - Hand of Fate stacked with the reliquary offers amazing accuracy and damage output. Coupled with Severius0 and Exemplar Errants with their Mark Target ability your inaccurate rockets can reliably hit and delete enemy warjacks from downtown.
- Cyrenia provides an ARM buff, melee buff (not that you're likely to need it), and Rock Wall to help screen it from potential melee threats.
- Previous special mention to Amon, who can buff speed, attack and ARM on the colossal. Fortify offers a nice big area where you can defend your troops from knockdown effects and pushes. However, he still prefers his battlegroup to include multiple warjacks for pulling off Synergy chains, and more jacks mean more "free" focus from Power-up.
- Hierarch Severius can cast Awareness to open the field to its long range shooting and he can give it Oracular Vision when it's time to get stuck in or when it's being threatened by a charge. Arcane Ward, while not very helpful on it's defense, will keep it free of spells that could severely lower the Judicators potential.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Effectively RAT 1 rocket pods
- Resolving rocket pod attacks takes a long time when you're playing a timed game.
Tricks & Tips
- You can blind-fire onto an enemy out of range, and fish for good scatters and deviation on your secondary blasts - chances are that you will catch a few support pieces up to 7,5" away form your desired point of impact.
- Look for squishy models standing near a low DEF model (structures or objectives), who can be potential targets for the blasts.
- If an opponent is trying to hide behind clouds, run a model up in front and spray it down to reach the enemy. Extra points if the model is immune to Fire.
Released in the Warmachine: Colossals expansion (2012)
Other Protectorate models