Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter
| Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter |
How usable this model is in Mk IV depends on the Faction:
You can view the Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
Armed with a mace large enough to crush a man in a single stroke and potent alchemical compounds derived from formulas known to only a few, Hutchuck possesses a combination of brute force and adaptability that makes him one of the most sought-after bounty hunters operating within the Iron Kingdoms. Hutchuck offers his services only to those with deep pockets.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter
- 3 Other
|Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter|
- Partisan [ Crucible Guard ] - When included in a Crucible Guard army, this model/unit is a Crucible Guard model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Alchemical Grenades - 8" range, 3" AOE, POW 12 ranged attack
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Mace - 2" reach, P+S 14 melee attack
- Alchemical Mask - This model does not suffer gas effects. When determining LOS or resolving attacks, this model ignores cloud effects and concealment granted from cloud effects.
- Ambush - You can choose not to deploy this model at the start of the game. If it is not deployed normally, you can put it into play at the end of any of your Control Phases after your first turn. When you do, choose any table edge except the back of your opponent's deployment zone. Place this model completely within 3" of the chosen table edge.
- Take Down - Models disabled by a melee attack made by this model cannot make a Tough roll. Models boxed by a melee attack made by this model are removed from play.
- Wild Shot - This model can make one basic ranged attack during its activation before its Normal Movement. If it does, it can use its Combat Action only to make melee attacks that activation.
- Crucible Guard
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter
Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter in a nutshell
Hutchuck is a hybrid combat and support solo who prefers to ambush, then lob a grenade and charge if he can. It forces your opponent to be pretty cautious around the board edges. As a free solo, he's pretty good, but he faces stiff competition in the mercenaries faction.
In Crucible Guard his value really comes through, Rust works well as an alternative to Withering Humor for constructs and the faction has plenty of layered buffs and debuffs, being allowed in either theme and being an expensive Requisition option makes him one of the best first purchases for the faction.
Combos & Synergies
- He works well with a unit/model that like to be on the flank, such as Croe's Cutthroats. If the enemy come towards the flank to deal with those guys, Hutchuk can ambush them.
- He works well with other ambushing models to setup a one-two punch, with Hutchuk applying Rust or knock down before the other ambush model(s) activate and attack the same model.
In Crucible Guard
- Baldwin offers deceleration to push his armour into ‘difficult to remove’ territory and his feat makes landing the quake shot for an assassination easier.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He dies pretty fast after he ambushes so make it count.
- Quake only knocks down models on a direct hit, and Hutchuk has a hard time getting a direct hit against models with even moderately high DEF unless he can get behind them.
Tricks & Tips
- Wild Shot lets Hutchuck throw a bomb and then charge something - effectively a more versatile assault, though Assault gets the projectile farther down range
- Brain damage stops spells and animi, Quake must directly hit an enemy model to knock down. Rust now works on all constructs. Plan ahead.
- To get the most out of Hutchuk, be realistic about his survivability and what he can reasonably accomplish. If you bring him in on ambush with no protection to attempt a low-odds caster knockdown/brain damage or to take out a DEF 15+ solo, he is probably going to accomplish nothing and die. However, if you can, for example, bring him in behind terrain to contest a zone or flag, or to kill a low-DEF unit CA or solo, or to knockdown or rust a low-DEF warjack/beast, then he might get some things done and even survive a few turns. Don't expect your opponent to give you any good targets, though.
- The threat of an ambushing Hutchuk and the threat of his attacks often have more impact on the game than actually making any attacks with him.
- Hutchuk appeared briefly in The Malcontents Book One: Into the Storm, by Larry Correia and was originally an IKRPG character created by his son.
- Released 2016.02
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Faction models
|Mercenary Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
Cephalyx Mind Bender -
Cephalyx Mind Slaver -
Cephalyx Overlords -
High Shields -
Artillery Corps -
Forge Guard -
Idrian Skirmishers -
Kayazy Assassins -
Kayazy Eliminators -
Legion of Lost Souls -
Ogrun Assault Corps -
OoI Resolutes -
OoI Vigilants -
Precursor Knights -
Press Gangers -
Sea Dog Pirates -
Deck Gun -
SH Cannon -
SH Halberdiers -
SH Cavalry -
SH Mortar -
SH Riflemen -
SH Volley Gun -
Tactical Arcanist Corps -
Thorn Gun Mages
Alexia1 - Asphyxious4 - Croe's Cutthroats - Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowler1 - Herne & Jonne - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus & Edrea - MacHorne1 - The Commodore Cannon - The Devil's Shadow Mutineers
Cephalyx Agitator - Death Archon - Gobber Tinker - Menite Archon - Morrowan Archon - Ogrun Bokur - Powder Monkey - SH Arcanist - SH Ironhead - SH Gunner - Swamp Gobber River Raider Thamarite Advocate - Thamarite Archon - Void Archon
Alexia2 - Alexia3 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Balthazar Bamfist - Black Bella1 - Black Bella2 - Bloody Bradigan - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Bosun Grogspar - Brun Cragback & Lug - Captain Crawtooth - Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dez1 - Dez2 - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Doctor Stygius - Eilish1 - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Eiryss4 - First Mate Hawk - Flubbin1 - Flubbin2 & Dreyfus2 - Flugwug the Filcher - Crosse1 - Glyn Cormier, Illuminated One - Gorman1 - Gorman2 - Grand Master Gabriel Throne - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - Harlowe Holdemhigh - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Lord Rockbottom - MacHorne2 - Major Harrison Gibbs - Malvin2 - Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Princess Delores Graciela - Ragman - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger Shaw, Professional Adventurer - Savio Montero Acosta - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - Stannis Brocker - Taryn Di La Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - Thor Steinhammer - Tubbin - Underboss Vizkoya - Viktor Pendrake - Weird Wendell - Widget1 - Widget2 - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Flame in the Darkness - Hammer Strike - Llaelese Resistance - Operating Theater - Soldiers of Fortune - Strange Bedfellows - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - The Talion Charter|
|This index was last updated: 2021.11|