|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| Houseguard Thane |
Exemplifying both leadership and combat prowess, thanes are veterans of Ios’ houseguard forces. They have a remarkable capacity for rallying their forces even in the face of certain defeat, being themselves conditioned through training and experience to operate beyond fear. They are excellent swordsmen capable of cutting a swath through enemy lines into which those in their charge will eagerly follow, like a tide of unshakable halberd blades and rifle fire.
- Desperate Pace [Houseguard] (★ Action) - RNG CMD. Target friendly Houseguard unit. If the unit is in range, Houseguard models in the unit gain +2" movement during their Normal Movement this turn.
- Firing Solution [Houseguard] (★ Action) - Target Houseguard unit. If it is in CMD range, models in the unit ignore Stealth during their Combat Action. Lasts for one turn.
- Carbine - 10" range, POW 10 ranged attack.
- Officer's Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee attack.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
Thoughts on Houseguard Thane
Houseguard Thane in a nutshell
Consider this an upgrade for houseguard units and one of the only ways to ignore stealth in the faction.
Combos & Synergies
- Houseguard Halberdiers get more threat range
- Houseguard Riflemen become one of Retribution's very very few ways of shooting stealthy skirmishers.
- The Heavy Rifle Team gains the least out of the Houseguard; it's normally better to just buy a second heavy rifle team.
- Stormfall Archers, now being Houseguard units, become another anti-Stealth shooting option, and Desperate Pace allows them greater threat range on their Brutal Damage shots.
Drawbacks and Downsides
Unfortunately can only buff one houseguard unit at a time.
Tricks and Tips
- One unit at a time - but by the time the Halberdiers charge home the Riflemen should be close enough to shoot ignoring stealth. If you're bringing both units bring a Thane.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Vengeance expansion (2014)