House Shyeel Magister
|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| House Shyeel Magister |
Battle mage magisters manipulate invisible energies to tear an enemy limb from limb or to haul weighty machinery around like pieces on a game board. The massive arcanika gauntlets they wear not only serve as conduits for their powers, but can deliver tremendous crushing blows and send opponents flying.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on the House Shyeel Magister
- 3 Other
|House Shyeel Magister|
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast a single spell.
- Set Defense - A model in this model's front arc suffers -2 on charge, slam power attack, and impact attack rolls against this model.
- Veteran Leader [Shyeel trooper] - While in this model's command range, other friendly Shyeel trooper models gain +1 to attack rolls.
- Power Gauntlet (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 11 melee attacks
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon deals Magical damage.
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
- Combo Smite (★ Attack) - 1) The model hit is slammed d6" directly away from this model. If the model hit is on a larger base, halve the distance. 2) The slam damage roll is 2d6 + STR + 2x POW. Collateral damage is 2d6 + STR.
| Force Bolt
|(1) An enemy model hit by this attack can be pushed d3" directly away or toward the caster. Roll the d3 after choosing direction. (2) On a critical hit, the enemy model is knocked down after being pushed.|
| Whip Snap
|If this attack hits an enemy model, immediately afterwards the Magister or a friendly Retribution model within 3" of the Magister can advance up to 2". A model can only advance once per turn via Whip Snap.|
2018.09 Retribution Legacy CID
- Gained +2 CMD and also gained something to actually use his CMD stat for; Veteran Leader
- Swapped Force Barrier for Set Defense
- Gauntlets increased to 1" reach
Thoughts on the House Shyeel Magister
House Shyeel Magister Nutshell
The House Shyeel Magister is a control piece between the array of pushes and slams it has access to. Either buried inside a unit of Battle Mages or behind some bulky warjacks, he pops out to launch a spell or two then hides behind his more expendable (or at least survivable) buddies until all the ranged threats are cleared or otherwise occupied.
Combos & Synergies
The knockdown on Force Bolt or from Combo Smite can be used to set up other low accuracy attacks from Stormfall Archers or other similar units.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Set Defence keeps him reasonably safe from unboosted melee, but the low armour stat means that any range attack that lands is a threat, including low power blasts. Unless you have some protection for him such as shield guards or LOS blockers, he will be killed with minimal effort. (significant change from previous incarnation that had force barrier)
Tricks & Tips
- Use Whipsnap to help set up aiming bonuses on things like fully loaded Hydras.
- Or to shove a high threat melee model forwards (or your own model away to safety). Extra two inches threat might be all that stands between you and a dead caster.
- While killing a model is nice, sometimes you just need to shove it over a bit, taking it off an objective or clearing line of sight.
Released in Forces of Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah (November 2009)
Other Retribution models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)