House Shyeel Battle Mages
|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| House Shyeel Battle Mages |
House Shyeel has assembled squads of arcanists who specialize in the application of raw evoked force. They have no fear of closing with the enemy, for they enter battle equipped with massive arcanika-charged gauntlets that lend supernatural strength to their strikes. Their control over kinetic energies allows them to emerge unscathed from even massive explosions.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on House Shyeel Battle Mages
- 3 Other
|House Shyeel Battle Mages|
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast a single spell.
- Set Defense - A model in this model's front arc suffers -2 on charge, slam power attack, and impact attack rolls against this model.
- Power Gauntlet (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 11 melee weapons
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon deals Magical damage.
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
| Force Bolt
|(1) An enemy model hit by this attack can be pushed d3" directly away or toward the caster. Roll the d3 after choosing direction. (2) On a critical hit, the enemy model is knocked down after being pushed.|
Battle Mages may have Up to 3 Soulless Escorts attached to them. Their info has been omitted from this article for brevity.
2018.09 Retribution Legacy Errata
- -2 Cost, +2 FA, gauntlets increased to 1" range
- Swapped Force Barrier for Set Defense
Thoughts on House Shyeel Battle Mages
House Shyeel Battle Mages in a nutshell
Push and pull, Ti and La, These guys are your angry water benders... or mini Rahns, whichever you like more. They can push and pull anything but the biggest of the bads and possibly knock them down.
You don't take these guys for their offensive abilities, or their support abilities. Instead you take them to control the ebb and flow of battle and, if this unit is used right, they are game changers at a very reasonable points cost.
Combos & Synergies
- Obviously, Adeptis Rahn, everything he has and does complements the HSBM's tool kit and improves them in every way they need it.
- RNG 10 not quite enough? Here, have a Telekinesis'd target, or feat to add 2".
- Magical Ability 6 not letting them hit well enough? Here, have a Telekinesis'd target, or feat to get boosted attack rolls.
- POW 10 not hurting hard enough? Here, have a... OK, not this time, but feat again fixes the damage issue with boosted rolls.
- Really having a hard time knocking something down? Well, Rahn can do that himself, but feat's boosted attack rolls does increase the chances of that sweet sweet Crit KD they like nailing.
- The Sphinx can increase their magic range.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Their MA is a little low, but given their capabilities it's balanced.
- If your mitten men get caught up in a fist fight, they have great powerfists but no muscles on their arms to swing 'em. In other words, their melee abilities are lackluster. And their ARM is basically non-existent, so they cannot last in a protracted bout of fisticuffs.
- A double Colossal list is going to leave these guys very few targets to push around, and POW 10's aren't going to do a whole lot of damage, even with Rahn's boosts on feat.
- That combo as above with the Sphinx? Yeah, currently impossible to have in theme.
Tricks & Tips
- A unit of these guys can pummel the same mid-ARM target, with the first couple pulling it towards you (so it doesn't get out of range) and the later ones pushing it away (to keep it at arm's length).
- Though their stats, pretty much across the board, are quite average, they are capable of duking it out against appropriate opponents. Two MAT 6 PS 11's isn't too shabby, just always be aware of what they can realistically do. If it's feat turn and they're engaged, decide which is more likely to accomplish your goals: two attacks in close combat, or spell blasting (remember you can cast out of melee) with all the boosts.
- The pushing ability on the Force Bolt is optional, so it is sometimes worth just letting the target stay where it is.
- released in Forces of Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah (Novermber 2009)
- Community nicknames: Mini Mittens; Mitten Corps; or simply Mittens.
Other Retribution models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)