| Hierophant |
| Unlimited Only|
This model can only be used in the Unlimited game mode. You can see the other models with / without mk4 rules on this page.
Note that the rest of this page is about the model's Mark III rules.
From among senior warpriests who once led choirs to bless warjacks some elders are selected to become hierophants. Such respected priests learn through exposure and practice to harmonize their prayers with a warcaster. A hierophant chants the hymn or passage of the Canon of the True Law most applicable to the situation, revitalizing a warcaster's flagging energies.
Attached - Before the start of the game, attach this model to a friendly Faction warcaster for the rest of the game. Each Faction warcaster can have only one model/unit attached to it.
- Magic Ability [ - ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Spiritual Conduit - While its warcaster is in this model's command range, when the warcaster casts a spell and is the point of origin for the spell, the spell gains +2 RNG.
- Staff - 2" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon.
| Harmonious Exaltation
|Target this model's warcaster/warlock. If it is in range, once this turn when the warcaster/warlock casts a spell, reduce the COST of the spell by 1.|
| Heal [d3+1]
|Target friendly living Faction model. If the model is in range, remove d3+1 damage points from it.|
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Hierophant
Hierophant in a nutshell
You take for the Hierophant for Harmonious Exhaltation - it's basically +1 focus for any caster (except those that use all their focus for upkeeps, warjacks, and camps). Oh, and he has a Heal ability you'll probably never use.
Spiritual Conduit is a handy rule for casting spells slightly further without the use of an arc node but spell based assassinations are often hard to pull off and arc nodes are significantly safer to use. Because of this it's better to use it for a bit of extra range on support spells like Open Fire or Boundless Charge
Combos & Synergies
- The Harbinger of Menoth likes the heal. Everyone likes the focus.
- Feora4 - She is pretty reliant on getting as many Scorns out as possible, the Hierophant helps with this with Conduit and Exaltation.
- Covenant of Menoth - Ancient Shroud makes healing fairly frustrating for your opponent.
- Malekus already gives himself a free spell, so why not save even more focus with Harmonious Exaltation?
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Can't necessarily keep up with a fast caster.
- Pretty easy to kill
- Going B2B to heal something is a good way to draw AOE fire
Tricks & Tips
- This guy doesn't really have any tricks up his sleeve. He's simply just a little boost for your caster.
Released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
Other Protectorate models