Hermit of Henge Hold
|We have 1198 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Feora2 (theme thoughts)||Imperatus (Dawnguard and non-vyros combos)|
| Hermit of Henge Hold |
|Hermit of Henge Hold|
- Mercenary - The Hermit will work for Crucible Guard, Cryx, Cygnar, Infernals, Khador, Protectorate, or Retribution.
- Minion - This model will work for Circle, Grymkin, Legion, Skorne, or Trollbloods.
- ie, everyone except Convergence
- Partisan [Infernal] - When included in a Infernal army, this model/unit is a Infernal model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Partisan [Retribution] - When included in a Retribution army, this model/unit is a Retribution model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Ancient Shroud - When a damage roll against this model exceeds its ARM, it suffers 1 damage regardless of the total rolled.
- Template:Dark Prophecy - When this model is destroyed by an enemy attack, enemy models in its command range lose their essence points and cannot cast spells, channel spells, or be forced for one round.
- Template:Mad Visions - This model can use Mad Visions once per game when a friendly non-Infernal model is hit by an enemy attack while in this model's command range. The friendly model does not suffer a damage roll from the attack.
- Marked Soul - This model is a Marked Soul.
- Template:Whispers at the Gate - Once per turn, at any time during the activation choose on of these:
- Template:Grip of Shadows - This model gains Telemetry for one round.
- Template:Wages of Sin - While in this model's command range, enemy Marked Souls suffer -2 STR and ARM. While in this model's command range, friendly Marked Souls gain +2 STR and Tough.
- Template:Word of Ruin - Remove 1 essence point from each enemy Infernal model currently within 5" of this model. Add 1 essence point to each friendly Infernal model currently within 5" of this model.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
As a Partisan model ihecan go in any Retribution theme, however most of the time he'll use your "Up to one Mercenary solo" slot
As a mercenary/Minion model, it can also be taken in a bunch of their theme forces. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on the Hermit of Henge Hold
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Hermit of Henge Hold in a nutshell
The Hermit of Henge Hold is a wacky, crazy prophet, or maybe just crazy, or maybe just a prophet. No one knows! He works for every army in the game, because you don't know when he is going to show up on which battlefield and declare the end of the world! The Hermit should be one part support piece, one part mad prophet, and one part missile. Dark Prophecy is the missile part, punishing your foes for slaying him by stripping their spell casting. Mad Visions is essentially a once-per-game use of the Vision spell, that could be extremely clutch. Lastly, Whispers at the Gate is a menu of various abilities to supplement your army in various ways, like Telemetry, or Word of Ruin, which punishes Infernals (or powers them up if you are one!)
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- He can use Mad Visions on himself (as long as he isn't in an Infer am army).
Beta rules 2019.04
Other Theme Forces
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
Other Faction models
|Infernal Index (Edit)|
|Infernal Masters||Agathon - Omodamos - Zaateroth|
|Attachment||Lord Roget d'Vyaros||Master Infernalist||Princess Regna|
|Lesser||Foreboder||Light||Lamenter - Shrieker||Heavy||Desolator - Soul Stalker - Tormentor|
|Units, Solos, & Structures|
Great Princess Regna Gravnoy (Master Infernalist) - Hermit of Henge Hold - Kezia Brand, The Screaming Night - Lord Roget d'Vyaros - Master Theurgist Gideon Asher - Mordecai, Master of Arms - The Wretch - Umbral Guardian - Valin Hauke, The Fallen Knight
|Dark Legacy - Hearts of Darkness||J.A.I.M.s|
|This index was last updated: 2019.04|
|Mercenary Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau - Reinholdt - Wyshnalyrr|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
Cephalyx Mind Bender -
Cephalyx Mind Slaver -
Cephalyx Overlords -
High Shields -
Artillery Corps -
Forge Guard -
Idrian Skirmishers -
Kayazy Assassins -
Kayazy Eliminators -
Legion of Lost Souls -
Ogrun Assault Corps -
OoI Resolutes -
OoI Vigilants -
Precursor Knights -
Press Gangers -
Sea Dog Pirates -
Deck Gun -
SH Cannon -
SH Halberdiers -
SH Cavalry -
SH Mortar -
SH Riflemen -
SH Volley Gun -
Tactical Arcanist Corps -
Thorn Gun Mages
|Character Units||Alexia1 - Sam & The Devil Dogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea - Commodore Cannon - Devil's Shadow Mutineers|
Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Menite Archon - Morrowan Archon - Ogrun Bokur - Powder Monkey - SH Arcanist - SH Ironhead - SH Gunner - Swamp Gobber River Raider Thamarite Advocate - Thamarite Archon - Void Archon
Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire (2) - Alexia, The Undying (3) - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Brun Cragback & Lug - Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios (1) - Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (2) - First Mate Hawk - Gastone Crosse - Glyn Cormier, Illuminated One - Gorman Di Wolfe, Rogue Alchemist - Grand Master Gabriel Throne - Gudrun the Wanderer - Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Lord Rockbottom - Major Harrison Gibbs - Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ragman - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger Shaw, Professional Adventurer - Savio Montero Acosta - Saxon Orrik - Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - Stannis Brocker - Taryn Di La Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - Thor Steinhammer - Viktor Pendrake - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Flame in the Darkness - Hammer Strike - Llaelese Resistance - Operating Theater - Soldiers of Fortune - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - The Talion Charter|
|This index was last updated: 2019.04|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.