Hermit of Henge Hold
|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| Hermit of Henge Hold |
At the time of writing (2019.05) he is not available for individual purchase.
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given on day 1 of the CID cycle
|Hermit of Henge Hold|
- Mercenary - The Hermit will work for Crucible Guard, Cryx, Convergence, Cygnar, Infernals, Khador, Protectorate, or Retribution.
- Minion - This model will work for Circle, Grymkin, Legion, Skorne, or Trollbloods.
- Partisan [Infernal] - When included in a Infernal army, this model/unit is a Infernal model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Partisan [Retribution] - When included in a Retribution army, this model/unit is a Retribution model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Ancient Shroud - When a damage roll against this model exceeds its ARM, it suffers 1 damage regardless of the total rolled.
- Template:Dark Prophecy - When this model is destroyed by an enemy attack, enemy models in its command range lose their essence points and cannot cast spells, channel spells, or be forced for one round.
- Template:Mad Visions - This model can use Mad Visions once per game when a friendly non-Infernal model is hit by an enemy attack while in this model's command range. The friendly model does not suffer a damage roll from the attack.
- Marked Soul - This model is a Marked Soul.
- Magic Ability [ _ ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast a single spell.
- Template:Grip of Shadows - This model gains Telemetry for one round. (Other friendly Faction models gain +2 to magic attack rolls vs enemies that are in this model's CMD range.)
- Template:Whispers at the Gate - This model gains Master of Ruin for one round (Other models, friendly or enemy, suffer –2 ARM while within 5˝ of a model with Master of Ruin.).
- Template:Word of Ruin - Remove 1 essence point from each enemy Infernal model currently within 5" of this model. Add 1 essence point to each friendly Infernal model currently within 5" of this model.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- As a Partisan model he can go in any Retribution theme, however most of the time he'll use your "Up to one Mercenary solo" slot
- Other Factions
- As a mercenary/minion model, he can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's theme forces. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on the Hermit of Henge Hold
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Dont delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Hermit of Henge Hold in a nutshell
The Hermit of Henge Hold is a wacky, crazy prophet, or maybe just crazy, or maybe just a prophet. No one knows! He works for every army in the game, because you don't know when he is going to show up on which battlefield and declare the end of the world! The Hermit should be one part support piece, one part mad prophet, and one part missile. Dark Prophecy is the missile part, punishing your foes for slaying him by stripping their spell casting. Mad Visions is essentially a once-per-game use of the Vision spell, that could be extremely clutch. Lastly, Whispers at the Gate is a menu of various abilities to supplement your army in various ways, like Telemetry, or Word of Ruin, which punishes Infernals (or powers them up if you are one!)
Combos & Synergies
- Low ARM, high DEF models like Crucible Guard Rocketmen care naught for the "friendly fire" from Master of Ruin.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- You have to buy the boxed set to get him.
- His abilities are criminally short-ranged meaning he will likely die after using them.
- His ARM debuff affects your models as well...
Tricks & Tips
- He can use Mad Visions on himself (as long as he isn't in an Infer am army).
Beta rules 2019.04
Other Theme Forces
- Black Industries
- Dark Host
- The Ghost Fleet
- Infernal Machines
- Scourge of the Broken Coast
- Slaughter Fleet Raiders
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Convergence of Cyriss (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
Other Faction models
|Infernal Index (Edit)|
|Unique Rules : Masters, Horrors, Essence, & Summoning|
|Infernal Masters||Agathon - Omodamos - Zaateroth|
|Attachment||Lord Roget d'Vyaros||Master Infernalist||Princess Regna|
|Lesser||Foreboder||Light||Lamenter - Shrieker||Heavy||Desolator - Soul Stalker - Tormentor|
|Units, Solos, & Structures|
Alain Runewood, Lord of Ash - Eilish1 - Eilish2 - Great Princess Regna Gravnoy (Master Infernalist) - Hermit of Henge Hold - Lord Roget d'Vyaros - Nicia, Hound of the Abyss - Orin1 - Saxon Orrik - The Wretch - Umbral Guardian - Valin Hauke, The Fallen Knight
|Dark Legacy - Hearts of Darkness||J.A.I.M.s|
|This index was last updated: 2019.06|
|Mercenary Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau - Reinholdt - Wyshnalyrr|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
Cephalyx Mind Bender -
Cephalyx Mind Slaver -
Cephalyx Overlords -
High Shields -
Artillery Corps -
Forge Guard -
Idrian Skirmishers -
Kayazy Assassins -
Kayazy Eliminators -
Legion of Lost Souls -
Ogrun Assault Corps -
OoI Resolutes -
OoI Vigilants -
Precursor Knights -
Press Gangers -
Sea Dog Pirates -
Deck Gun -
SH Cannon -
SH Halberdiers -
SH Cavalry -
SH Mortar -
SH Riflemen -
SH Volley Gun -
Tactical Arcanist Corps -
Thorn Gun Mages
|Character Units||Alexia1 - Sam & The Devil Dogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea - Commodore Cannon - Devil's Shadow Mutineers|
Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Menite Archon - Morrowan Archon - Ogrun Bokur - Powder Monkey - SH Arcanist - SH Ironhead - SH Gunner - Swamp Gobber River Raider Thamarite Advocate - Thamarite Archon - Void Archon
Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire (2) - Alexia, The Undying (3) - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Balthazar Bamfist - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Brun Cragback & Lug - Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dez - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios (1) - Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (2) - Eiryss, Fortune Hunter of Ios (4) - First Mate Hawk - Gastone Crosse - Glyn Cormier, Illuminated One - Gorman Di Wolfe, Rogue Alchemist - Grand Master Gabriel Throne - Gubbin - Gudrun the Wanderer - Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Lord Rockbottom - Major Harrison Gibbs - Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ragman - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger Shaw, Professional Adventurer - Savio Montero Acosta - Saxon Orrik - Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - Stannis Brocker - Taryn Di La Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - Thor Steinhammer - Viktor Pendrake - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Flame in the Darkness - Hammer Strike - Llaelese Resistance - Operating Theater - Soldiers of Fortune - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - The Talion Charter|
|This index was last updated: 2019.05|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.