A head-butt is a type of Power Attack. A model making a head-butt power attack smashes its head into a model to drive it to the ground.
See also the basic training article LPG - Power Attacks.
- Use your Normal Movement to walk into range.
Regardless of your melee weapon range, head-butts have a 0.5" range except for colossals and gargantuans which have a 2" head-butt range.
- Declare the target and pay the focus/fury.
You cannot target a model with a larger base.
- Make a melee attack roll vs the target.
- If it hits, the target becomes knocked down.
- Then make a power attack damage roll (2d6 + STR) vs the target.
There really aren't any more details. The recap covers it all already.
From page 40 of the 2020.02.pdf
- A model making a head-butt power attack smashes its head into a model to drive it to the ground. A head-butt power attack made by a colossal or gargantuan has a 2˝ melee range. A head-butt power attack made by any other model has a 0.5˝ melee range. The attacking model makes a melee attack roll against its target. If the attack hits, the target becomes knocked down (p. 61) and then suffers a power attack damage roll.
- A model cannot head-butt a model with a larger base.
|Power Attack (Edit)|
|Power Strike||Category: Colossals & Category:Gargantuans only|
|Sweep||Category: Colossals & Category:Gargantuans only|