| Harrower |
Announcing its presence with the ear-splitting shriek of its Mortifier cannon, the Harrower emerges from Cyrx like a beast hungry for souls. There is no clean death in its wake; those cut down by its scything Perisher claw endure an unthinkable fate as their immortal souls are spun loose and harvested to fuel the Cryxian machine of war.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Steady - This model cannot be knocked down.
- Quick Work - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it can make one basic ranged attack.
- Soul Taker: Spirit Harvester - This model can gain soul tokens. When a living enemy model is destroyed within 5" of this model, this model gains the destroyed model's soul token. This model can have up to five soul tokens at any time. At the start of this model's activation, you can remove soul tokens from this model to give it 1 focus point for each token removed.
- Perisher - 2" reach, POW 4, P+S 16 melee weapon
- Thresher (★ Attack) - This model makes one melee attack with this weapon against each model in its LOS that is in this weapon's melee range. Thresher attacks are simultaneous.
- Mortifier - 11" range, 3" AOE, POW 12, ranged attack
- Wraith Shot - When this model makes an attack with this weapon, it can spend a soul token to use Wraith Shot. If it does, it ignores LOS, concealment, and cover when making this attack. Attack and damage rolls resulting from the attack are boosted.
- Black Industries. Harrower gains Carapace in this theme.
- Dark Host
- The Ghost Fleet
- Infernal Machines. Harrower gains Hyper-Aggressive in this theme.
- Scourge of the Broken Coast
- Slaughter Fleet Raiders. Harrower gains Gang Fighter in this theme.
Thoughts on the Harrower
The Harrower in a nutshell
The Harrower is a jack with ok anti-infantry tech but fairly weak against armour. Mostly its role is killing solos or casters using its Quick Work and Wraith Shot abilities.
Combos & Synergies
- Goreshade3 can use his feat to make targets stationary. Since stationary targets can't be engaged, this potentially allows a Harrower 3 Quick Work shots on a charge, or 4 if it walks into combat.
- Overrun from Mortenebra1 can also be used on a Harrower to get additional mileage and threat out of Quick Work.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- You can't make Quick Work shots if an enemy is in your melee range.
- As an infantry killer it has largely been replaced by the Corruptor which has better guns and melee against most infantry and a better gun overall (not including wraith shot).
Tricks & Tips
- To maximise your Quick Work attacks, try to charge into a group of knocked down enemies (so that you're not engaged) then buy individual attacks (rather than Thresher). Because Thresher would only trigger it once, regardless of how many you kill.
- Since Wraith Shot ignores LoS, you can fire at targets that are not in your front arc.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
- Sculptor (original metal model): John Winter
- The Harrower used to be one of the most awkward models to assemble in the game. Now, however, the legs are designed to fit directly into the torso, which allows for much easier construction than the previous sculpt.
Other Cryx models
| Resolving the attack|
Under this heading, the word "Thresher" is used interchangeably for "Flashing Blade" and "Cyclone" too
Flashing Blade only