|Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Harlowe Holdemhigh |
He’s small of stature and even lower of character, but Harlowe Holdemhigh always takes the high ground with his highway-harrying exploits! Armed with twin-magelock pistols, he’s the most notorious highwayman in the Iron Kingdoms (under 4 feet tall)!
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on the Harlowe Holdemhigh
- 3 Other
Riot Quest - Although this model has rules which allow it to be played in Warmachine and Hordes, it was primarily designed for the Riot Quest boardgame. RQ is set in an alternate and/or future timeline where the Infernals won the war. Some of the RQ models are slightly more goofy than their WMH equivalents.
- Advance Deployment
- Prowl - While this model has concealment, it gains stealth.
- Swift Hunter - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic ranged attack, immediately after the attack is resolved it can advance up to 2".
|Spellstorm Pistol (×2)|
- Other Factions
2021.10 Mega Update
- ROF dropped to 1 (from 2)
- -2 points cost
Thoughts on the Harlowe Holdemhigh
Harlowe Holdemhigh in a nutshell
2 Shots. POW and Range 12. Can ignore line of sight, cover and concealment. And all of that for 3 points. Harlowe is a Rhulic gun mage, who threatens solos, support units and even some casters. Ghost Shot will likely be the most used shot type, however there are definitely reasons for him to use the other two - incendiary shots vs an Oiled target in Crucible Guard, or Psychomorphic Destabilizer shots to strip Incorporeal allowing Hammer Strike lists to finally beat a Wraith Engine.
Combos & Synergies
- General Ossrum - He's an obvious candidate for Snipe pushing the range of his guns to 16".
- Thanks to his Incendiary shot he can benefit from any buff to fire damage, such as the Menite Archon, Retaliator or Hand of Judgement.
- Bamfist can give him Force Barrier for DEF 17 against shooting, DEF 19 while in Cover.
- Boomhowler, Solo Artist can give him reposition, so he can back up after shooting.
- The Hermits Master of Ruin, Fionas Curse of Shadows, and Aiyanas Kiss of Lylis all make his shooting stronger.
- Rhupert can give him Concealment to trigger Prowl.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- His base defensive stats are awful. Keep him back!
- He can only render up to 2 models corporeal a turn. Which is more than enough against incidental Gremlin Swarms, but against dedicated incorporeal spam such as Ghost Fleet it's not enogh.
- With no backup melee weapon, he's up a creek if he gets engaged by a model that cannot be targeted by ranged attacks.
Tricks & Tips
- Don't forget Swift Hunter both for extra threat range and to get back into (or preferably behind) terrain.
- Prowl only triggers from concealment, not from cover.
- Released 2019.07
Other Theme Forces
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Mercenary models
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)