Gudrun the Wasted
|We have 1356 articles and 93% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Gudrun the Wasted |
Riot Quest - Although this model has rules which allow it to be played in Warmachine and Hordes, it was primarily designed for the Riot Quest game. RQ is set in an alternate and/or future timeline where the Infernals won the war. Some of the RQ models have a deliberately goofy aesthetic.
- Advance Deployment
- Cleave - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved this model can make one additional melee attack. This model can make only one additional attack as a result of Cleave each activation.
- Energy Drink - At any time during its activation, this model can spend a power token to remove d3 damage points.
- Force Battery - This model gains 1 power token when it hits an enemy model with a melee attack. This model also gains 1 power token when it is hit by an enemy melee or ranged attack originating in its front arc. This model can have up to 5 power tokens at any time.
- Kinetic Distortion - While within 3" of this model, friendly Faction models gain +2 DEF against ranged and magic attacks. Add +1" to this range for each power token on this model.
|8 (★)||1||-||12 (★)|
- Other Factions
- Infernal players can use this model in the Hearts of Darkness theme, but only if Crosse2 is leading the army.
- Trollblood players can use this model in the Vengeance of Dhunia theme.
- Furthermore, Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on Gudrun2
Gudrun2 in a nutshell
With a 15/16 stat profile and 8 boxes Gudrun2 is a tricky to kill support solo, who can get involved in the fight and do a lot of damage.
His biggest downside is that if an opponent knows what he does they are unlikely to feed him extra tokens by targeting him.
Combos & Synergies
- Disciples of Agony and Secret Masters theme forces run minion heavy and grant faction models sac pawn - allowing you to top up Gudrun2's tokens a bit more reliably, bonus points for Disciples where the Paingiver Task Master grants no knockdown.
- Pretty much any model that is liable to be shot of the board and has decent enough DEF for his Kinetic Distortion to matter.
- Gorten and Gunnbjorn1 both have Rock Wall. Parking something in the Kinetic bubble and behind the Wall and enjoy +6 DEF against shooting. Even Rhulic heavies become dodgy as hell under these parameters and an Earthborn Dire Troll reaches obscene amounts of stats.
- Malvin & Mayhem can offer cover as well.
- Balthazar Bamfist can put Force Barrier on Rhulic models, which stacks with Kinetic Distorsion and cover/concealment.
- The Wastelander loves any buffs to his DEF against shooting so he can deflect bullets more reliably.
- Azazello's feat helps him with suitability and damage and Gudrun helps him with his anti-gunline shinanagence. Riposte also means you will likely gain 1 power token, hit or not.
- Trollkin Champions in Vengeance of Dhunia have good DEF already and take very well to and DEF buffs your warlock has. Kinetic Distortion on to of that makes them very hard to shoot.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- In order to collect tokens he needs to be in melee, with a statline of 13/16 he will die quickly there though.
- Assuming you get a Cleave attack off, you can only collect two tokens per turn, and with his statline there will likely be no next turn for him.
Tricks & Tips
- Stick a shield guard b2b with him and try to eat some AOE attacks to stack your power tokens, an Ogrun will laugh off blast damage.
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Alten Ashley - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Death Archon - Dhunian Archon - Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Flubbin - Flugwug the Filcher - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 & Dez2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kogan the Exile - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - The Wastelander - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon - Weird Wendell
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Independent Warjack||Malvin & Mayhem|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Vengeance of Dhunia - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2021.03|
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)