Gudrun the Wanderer
| Gudrun the Wanderer |
Disgraced, exiled, and cursed to live when he wishes to die, Gudrun often seems too drunk to fight as he once did. All such doubt vanishes when he steps into battle. His comrades describe him fighting as if inviting death. He screams incoherent battle cries while the lives his polearm ends add a steadily rising tally of carnage to the weight of his soul.
Special Order Model
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
|Gudrun the Wanderer|
- Mercenary - This model will work for Cygnar, Cryx, or Khador.
- Minion - This model will work for Circle, Legion, Skorne, or Trollbloods.
- Advance Deployment
- Berserk - When this model destroys one or more models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it must make one additional melee attack against another model in its melee range.
- Binge Drinking (Minifeat) - Once per game, at any time during his activation, Gudran can use Binge Drinking to knock himself down.
- Feign Death - While knocked down this model can't be targetted by shooting or spells.
- Hangover - The first time Gudrun is disabled by an enemy attack, he removes all damage and becomes knocked down.
- Battle Glaive - 2" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon.
- Other Factions
- Disciples of Agony (Skorne)
- Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - In this theme, this Minion becomes a Blighted model. Also, enemy models that end their activation within 2" of this model suffer continuous corrosion.
- Secret Masters (Circle) - this model may be taken as a requisition option in this theme despite not being a Circle solo
- Hearts of Darkness (Infernals) - Gudrun the Wanderer can only go in this theme if Crosse2 is leading the army. He becomes an Infernal model in this theme.
- As a merc/minion model he can also be hired into a bunch of other Faction's themes. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on Gudrun the Wanderer
Gudrun the Wanderer in a nutshell
Gudrun is a melee solo who can kill quite a few models if your opponent allows it. He also has some tricks that keep him from getting killed by shooting, as such he is actually quite decent at contesting a flag thanks to Feign Death and his knock down tricks.
Combos & Synergies
- He is well-served if Boomhowler is nearby to stand him up with Reveille.
- Walk him to a flag and activate Binge Drinking to avoid being shot while scoring it.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's a special order model.
- He can't shake. Once he's been knocked down once he's not likely to be able to attack at all.
- Stiff competition from the cheaper and harder hitting Maximus in the Reach and Berserk stakes for all Minion factions.
Tricks & Tips
- Absolutely nobody plays him, and nobody has every played against him ... so he might throw your opponent's plans into just enough disarray to win you a game before they get wise to the trick.
Released in Hordes: Evolution (2007)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dhunian Archon Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2019.09|