Gudrun the Wanderer
|Mk4 has been announced, and we need to talk about what it means for the future of this website.|
| Gudrun the Wanderer |
Disgraced, exiled, and cursed to live when he wishes to die, Gudrun often seems too drunk to fight as he once did. All such doubt vanishes when he steps into battle. His comrades describe him fighting as if inviting death. He screams incoherent battle cries while the lives his polearm ends add a steadily rising tally of carnage to the weight of his soul.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Gudrun the Wanderer
- 3 Other
- Advance Deployment
- Berserk - When this model destroys one or more models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it must make one additional melee attack against another model in its melee range.
- Binge Drinking [ Minifeat ] - This model can use Binge Drinking once per game at any time during its activation. This model becomes knocked down.
- Feign Death - This model cannot be targeted by ranged or magic attacks while knocked down.
- Hangover - The first time this model is disabled by an enemy attack, it removes all damage and becomes knocked down.
- Rise - If this model is knocked down at the beginning of your Maintenance Phase, it stands up.
- Battle Glaive - 2" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon.
- Other Factions
- Infernal players can use this model in the Hearts of Darkness theme, but only if Crosse2 is leading the army.
- Trollblood players can use this model in the Vengeance of Dhunia theme.
- Furthermore, Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
2021. 10 (Rebalancepocalypse):
- Gained Rise
- Added to Hammer Strike theme
Thoughts on Gudrun the Wanderer
Gudrun the Wanderer in a nutshell
Gudrun is a melee solo who can kill quite a few models if your opponent allows it. He also has some tricks that keep him from getting killed by shooting, as such he is actually quite decent at contesting a flag thanks to Feign Death and his knock down tricks. After the update he can stand himself back up after getting knocked down, which is a huge improvement.
Combos & Synergies
- Boomhowler1 can let him stand up for free.
- Magnus2: walk Gudrun B2B with a flag and use his mini-feat. Then use Magnus2's feat to prevent the enemy getting closer. You've now got a solo that can't be targeted by ranged or magic attacks, and the enemy can't walk closer to Gudrun to kill him in melee and/or contest the flag. Congratulations, you just scored that flag 3 turns in a row. Just watch out for sprays, AOEs, and stuff outside Magnus' control range - all of which might kill Gudrun.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Minion Maximus competes with him for a similar role. Maximus is cheaper and harder hitting, has 2" reach and Berserk, so is generally the more popular choice for all Hordes factions.
Tricks & Tips
- Absolutely nobody plays him, and nobody has ever played against him ... so he might throw your opponent's plans into just enough disarray to win you a game before they get wise to the trick.
- Even without Magnus2, the "use mini-feat while camping a flag" trick is a solid one.
Released in Hordes: Evolution (2007)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Farrow Sapper - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Barnabas0 - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Bone Shrine - Croak Hunter - Flugwug the Filcher - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor - Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Underchief Mire - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Alten Ashley - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Death Archon - Dhunian Archon - Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Flubbin1 - Flubbin2 & Dreyfus2 - Flugwug the Filcher - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 & Dez2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kogan the Exile - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Malvin2 - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - The Wastelander - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Tubbin - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon - Weird Wendell
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Independent Warjack||Malvin1 & Mayhem1|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Vengeance of Dhunia - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2021.11|