From LOS Warmachine University
| Grip - If this weapon hits a large-based or smaller enemy model, immediately after the attack is resolved this model can be RFP'd. When it is, the model hit is pushed directly toward The Hellmouth until it contacts a model, an obstacle, or an obstruction. After the model is moved, The Hellmouth can immediately make one basic melee attack against it.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Grip (Edit)
- The use of the phrase "The Hellmouth" is a bit misleading on 2 counts: It should be "push towards the officer" to prevent 2 Hellmouths feeding each other. Also, the word "The" shouldn't be capitalised because that indicates it's a proper noun. (Infernal Ruling)
- Grip will trigger even if hitting the enemy made the Tentacle stationary, repulsed, poltergeist-ed, or whatever. As long as it wasn't killed. (Locked thread)
- If a Tentacle hits a model that is already in the Hellmouth's melee range, you can trigger Grip and get the free attack even if the target is immune to pushes. The "after it is moved" bit is a timing clause, not a conditional clause. (Infernal Ruling)
Push - General
- Pushed models do not change their facing.
- Pushed models move at half rate through difficult terrain. Also, Pathfinder doesn't apply during pushes.
- Pushed models stop if they contact anything - a model of any size, or any obstacles or obstructions.
- You don't get free strikes against pushed models, because it is "involuntary movement" and therefore does not count as an advance.
- Pushed models suffer the effects of anything they move through (such as acid clouds).
- If you use a Push vs a charging model (via a free strike for example), this will stop the charge movement (refer core rulebook).
- However, if the pushed model is in melee range of its charge target after the push, then it is considered a successful charge. (Infernal Ruling)
- In that scenario, you measure whether the charging model moved 3" or less excluding the push distance. (Infernal Ruling)
Pages in category "Grip"
This category contains only the following page.