Great Bears of the Gallowswood
|We have 1225 articles and 88% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (1 year review)||Fire of Salvation (1 year review)||Severius0 (1 year review)|
| Great Bears of the Gallowswood |
Kapitan Joreslev Volkov, Lieutenant Moskor Kolsk and Sergeant Kartov Yarovich are heroes of the Iron Fangs, survivors of a company which became legend. In the last fifteen years they fought in every major Khador battle, always serving the Empire where the fight gets brutal and the morale is falling. They are an icon for the Khadoran people. They embody the willpower and resilience which lie within every son of the Motherland.
Special Order Model
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
|Great Bears of the Gallowswood|
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Flank [Another model in this unit] - This model gains +2 to melee attack rolls and an additional die on melee damage rolls vs enemy models in the melee range of another Great Bear.
- Rapid Strike - This model can make one additional melee attack each Combat Action.
- Wall of Steel - This model gains +2 ARM bonus while it is B2B with another model in its unit.
- Relentless Charge - While advancing as part of a charge, a model with Relentless Charge gains Pathfinder.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Great Axe - 2" reach, P+S 11 melee attack
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Great Bears of the Gallowswood
Great Bears of the Gallowswood in a nutshell
The Great Bears are melee heavy hitters, MAT 10 with Flank and effective Weapon Masters
Combos & Synergies
- The Iron Fang Kovnik gives them Steady with No Sleeping on the Job. He also grants Precise Strike to them while they are within wis CMD of 10" letting you choose the column they damage. This makes it so if they fail to kill a heavy they can at least cripple the important systems making retaliation that much harder.
- Uhlan Kovnik Markov's Tactician affects them allowing you to move them through each other and all Iron Fang Models within CMD 10" of Markov.
- In the Legion of Steel Theme the entire unit gains counter charge. Be careful what you use them on however; a single Great Bear won't do that much damage on a counter charge, but if your opponent triggers multiple bears you can still benefit from Flank. In combination with Uhlan Kovnik Markov and an Iron Fang Kovnik you have the potential for huge mayhem as you screen the Great Bears with Pikeman before the charge through your own models to deliver their counter charge.
- Kapitan Sofya Skirova gives them +1 to attack rolls within her CMD (10") for a total effective MAT 11 when combined with Flank.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- they're a special order model.
- Because they are Flank-dependent they need to stay bunched together if they are to break armour.
- They aren't terribly tough, dying to boosted attacks.
- Rapid Strike won't get charge bonuses.
Tricks & Tips
Screen them - then mug a heavy. They may not be as hard hitters as the Doom Reavers but aren't bad.
Released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
Other Khador models