|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| Ghost Sniper |
Ghost snipers are specialized and secretive hunter-killers employed ostensibly to help patrol the borders by employing powerful rifles to bring death to hapless intruders who wander into their sights. Many were already sympathetic to the Retribution while others seek profit and a chance to exercise their skills abroad. These killers stand ready to aim their formidable rifles at the enemies of the Retribution.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Marksman - When damaging a warjack/warbeast with a ranged attack, the attacker chooses which column/branch takes the damage.
- Swift Hunter - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic ranged attack, immediately after the attack is resolved it can advance up to 2".
- Arcane Cannon - 14" range, POW 10 ranged attack
- Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 7 melee attack
2018.09 Retribution Legacy CID
- Added to the Legions of Dawn theme force
Thoughts on Ghost Sniper
Ghost Sniper in a nutshell
Ghost Sniper is a straight combat solo. Set damage on his Deadly Shot, along with Marksman designates his task against heavier targets. If you found juicier, soft targets, Swift Hunter lets you to slither back into the bushes after killing. Deadly Shot doesn't do enough damage to take out a solo, but can put crucial damage into multi-wound Shield Walled infantry, like MoW Troppers, or Cataphract Cetrati.
Combos & Synergies
Nearly any lists can make use of a sniper. He is rather self-sufficient, and can slowly chip away health from afar as long as he keeps shooting. He rarely warrants direct support, but if you have the spare points for him, why not?
- Eiryss1 and 2 snipers mean 9 points of fixed damage, even into the toughest target
- Another sniper - a duo of them can scalpel out arc nodes from all but the best armored warjacks. Against warbeasts, aim for the Spirit aspect.
- The Defenders of Ios theme gives Reposition, which stacks nice with Swift Hunter for a total of 5" movement after killing something - or an emergency 3" move, if you need to back off.
- Clouds and Stealth is a serious issue for a long range shooter - something that Issyria's feat can manage.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- His low ARM makes him an easy target for blasts.
- He has no way of seeing through Stealth or clouds.
- There are many good solos in the Retribution's arsenal: for free, he is usually not your first choice. If you have to pay for him it is hard to find balance between omitting others solos for him, and not bloating your army list with too much support.
Tricks and Tips
- Against ARM 14 targets there's a good 58% possibility that you'll cause equal or less damage than with Deadly Shot. Keep it in mind when you might want to roll for damage. Plus, sparing a damage roll can win you precious seconds on your deathclock.
Released in Forces of Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah (November 2009)
Other Retribution models