|We have 1323 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Ghetorix |
A proud Tharn king transformed into one of the fiercest warpwolves the Circle has ever known, Ghetorix has a legendary appetite for violence. With savage brutality his axe and teeth bite into flesh and bone as he feeds on the meat of his victims. Spines erupt from his hardened skeleton, protecting him even as they punish his assailants.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good. Click here to read the long version.
- Bond [Kromac] - If this model begins the game in Kromac's battlegroup, it is bonded to him/her/them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Kromac and in their control range, Ghetorix gains Overtake.. (Overtake - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic melee attack during its Combat Action, after the attack is resolved it can immediately advance up to 1".)
- Controlled Warping - At the beginning of this model's activation, choose one of the following warp effects. warp effects last for one round. If this model frenzies it must choose Warp Strength at the start of its activation.
- Rapid Healing - When this model is damaged by an enemy attack, immediately after the attack is resolved remove d3 damage points from it.
- Bite - 1" reach, POW 3, P+S 14 melee weapon
- Great Axe - 2" reach, POW 6, P+S 17 melee weapon
| Spiny Growth
|The spellcaster gains +2 ARM. If a non-warrior model hits the spellcaster with a melee attack, the attacking model suffers d3 damage points immediately after the attack is resolved unless the spellcaster was destroyed or RFP'd by the attack. Spiny Growth lasts for one round.|
- When taken by Kromac
- When taken by anyone else
No changes since 2018.10
Thoughts on Ghetorix
Ghetorix in a nutshell
Ghetorix is simply the best brawler warbeast Circle currently have. Between Warp Strength and his axe high P+S, he hits harder than any other Circle heavy. Between Murderous and his MAT, he massacres infantry better than a Stalker. Between Snacking, Rapid Healing, and Spiny Growth he can stay alive much longer than reasonable. On the subject of Rapid Healing, it will, on average, give him +2 hp back every time he is hurt - so it's almost the same as having +2 ARM. Between that and Spiny Growth, you're looking at an effective statline of DEF 14 ARM 21.
These are the reasons Ghetorix is the most expensive Circle heavy.
Combos & Synergies
- Kromac the Ravenous or Kromac, Champion of the Wurm. Overtake on a warp wolf with Murderous is just plain nasty.
- Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress or the Blackclad Wayfarer - Hunter's Mark is an excellent threat range extender that provides free charges.
Devourer's Host Combos
He can be taken in the Devourer's Host theme force under any warlock, which opens a few more combos up:
- Iona wants a self sufficient beast that can still do work, and she appreciates the animus on feat turn to sure up her armour.
- Baldur in SR19 wants a wider battlegroup to avoid being pressured on scenario, taking a Storm Raptor and Ghetorix helps alleviate this (without taking up free cards now that Oblivion changed that significantly). Also Baldur's feat is +4 DEF pushing Gheto's stats to 18/19 (or 17/21 if Baldur casts Stone Skin on him). And he can't be knocked down, so can stand where he likes ready for his next turn? Yes please!
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's expensive
- He wants to do it all, which can get him killed easily. Just because he can wade in and murder an entire pack of temple flameguard, doesn't mean he should.
- Like all Warpwolves he can be knocked down - flattening his DEF and making him vulnerable.
Tricks & Tips
- While his animus gives +2 ARM vs everyone, keep in mind that the return damage doesn't work vs warrior models. Be wary of warrior weapon masters, they can tear through him pretty quickly without fear of reprisal.
- Sometimes nicknamed "Gheto"
- Released in Hordes: Domination (2011)
Other Circle models
|See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.