General Gerlak Slaughterborn
|As of 2022.08 Warmachine University has turned into an archive for Mk3 rules (3rd Edition).|
Refer to the Privateer Press website for all modern Mk4 (4th Edition) related content.
This site has been kept online for any players who want to continue using Mk3 rules and/or anyone who wants to compare Mk4 Legacy models to Mk3 models.
More information can be found on the Talk:Main Page area of this wiki.
| General Gerlak Slaughterborn |
Mark IV Status: Limbo - This model has not (yet) been updated with Mk IV rules, as of 2022.11. Privateer Press have promised it will get updated ... eventually.
Gerlak Slaughterborn is a hulking monster of battle. His infamous brutality has caused brave men to fall to their knees in terror at the mere sight of him, unable even to defend themselves. Leading his notorious Bloodgorgers, this horribly blighted trollkin has earned his reputation with a century of massacre. Bloodgorgers claim that if piled into the deep, the bodies of his slain would create a grisly bridge reaching all the way from Garlghast to the mainland. Cryx has found better use for Slaughterborn's death toll: necrotechs follow in his wake and pick among the cleft bodies like carrion crows. From his detritus rise mechanithralls, brute thralls, and endless other unliving soldiers of Cryx.
|General Gerlak Slaughterborn|
- Berserk - When this model destroys one or more models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it must make one additional melee attack against another model in its melee range.
- Bloodthirst - When it charges a living model, this model gains +2" movement.
- Overtake - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic melee attack during its Combat Action, after the attack is resolved it can immediately advance up to 1".
- Unyielding - This model gains +2 ARM against melee damage rolls.
- Elite Cadre [ Bloodgorgers ] - Friendly Bloodgorgers models gain Berserk (as above).
- Veteran Leader [ Blighted Trollkin ] - While in this model's command range, other friendly Blighted Trollkin models gain +1 to attack rolls.
- Great Axe - 1" reach, POW 5, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Other Factions
Thoughts on General Gerlak Slaughterborn
General Gerlak Slaughterborn in a Nutshell
Gerlak Slaughterborn is the leader of the Bloodgorgers, and is able to turn them into a wrecking crew able to scythe through infantry with a Berserk/Overtake combination.
He is scary against hordes of infantry, as he can attack one, make an Overtake move, make a Berserk attack, make another move, rinse and repeat until they're all dead or you make a bad dice roll.
Combos & Synergies
- Most of the time he'll be taken in the Scourge of the Broken Coast theme (where he'll be free) alongside Bloodgorgers and/or Marauders.
- Bloodgorgers - making them good is his job. He only needs to be in the same list to give them Elite Cadre.
- To a lesser extent, Blighted Trollkin Marauders like him for the +1 to hit.
- When taken with either Bloodgorgers or Marauders, Jussika Bloodtongue still counts as a "Bloodgorger" model, and therefore benefits from his Elite Cadre.
- Anyone who can reliably deliver him. P+S 13 with Weapon Master can ruin a good few units' days, especially when sufficiently debuffed by Cryx's warcasters.
- Sturgis the Corrupted or Scaverous can extend his threat range, widely broadening his area of operations.
- Anyone who can make him hit harder (using Scything Touch or Curse of Shadows or any of our other debuffs).
- With the amount of attacks you want Slaughterborn to be making, you want to limit the amount of 'failed attacks' you're getting out of him. Iron Lich Asphyxious can get him killing ARM 20 single-wound models even on triple-one damage rolls!
- In addition, Deneghra, the Soul Weaver and Lich Lord Venethrax both have Mortality, which gives Slaughterborn +2/+2 to hitting and damage. Pretty good for mitigating the amount of 'failed attacks' he'll make.
- However, in order to even make a swing, he's got to get there first.
- The Withershadow Combine can give him Puppet Master, to reduce the odds of a bad dice roll stopping his Pacman attack.
- Unfortunately the WSC and their reroll are not available in Scpurge, so you need to play out-of-theme for that combo, or use Eilish.
- Remember, P+S 13 Weapon Master is the equivalent damage output of a Bane Warrior. If there's no infantry for him to mulch, Gerlak can at least make a dent in something heavier.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- You don't want him without Bloodgorgers
- Swathes of infantry are currently rare so it's a target poor environment.
- The addition of Weapon Master, though, gives him something to do against harder targets.
Tricks & Tips
- It's often worth running with him rather than charging - get him into position for the Bloodgorger wave.
- Released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
- Nicknames: Pacman.
Other Cryx models