Gatorman Witch Doctor
| Gatorman Witch Doctor |
This model is available in one Prime Army, Blindwater Congregation. It can also be used in the Unlimited game mode. You can view the other Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
Note that the rest of this page is about the model's Mark III rules.
Each witch doctor is a powerful mystic who lives and breathes the foul necromantic arts that are his birthright. Life and death are two edges of the same bloody knife to the witch doctor, who often sees his allies as nothing more than tools of battle to be moved between those two states as required. Amid the morass of combat he gathers the vile totems required to power his spells, tearing the fleshy trophies from the carcasses of vanquished foes. Raising his sacral blade aloft, the witch doctor utters sibilant incantations that impel the huge beasts he control in a wave of scaled death.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Gatorman Witch Doctor
- 3 Other
|Gatorman Witch Doctor|
- Magic Ability [ - ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Sacral Blade - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
| Death Ride
|Friendly Faction Undead models activating in this model's command range gain +1" movement when advancing as part of their Normal Movement. Death Ride lasts for one turn.|
| Sacrificial Strike
|Target a model in this model's LOS. If that model is in range, RFP a friendly Faction trooper model within 1" of this model. The target model suffers an unboostable magical damage roll with POW equal to the base ARM of the RFP'd model.|
| Shadow Walk
|Target friendly Faction model. If the model is in range, it gains Ghostly for one turn.
- Other Factions
- Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on Gatorman Witch Doctor
Gatorman Witch Doctor in a nutshell
The CrocDoc is a buff and utility solo. His key ability is his magic; Sacrificial Strike is an excellent solo-killer, Death Ride helps undead models, and Shadow Walk is mostly Pathfinder-on-a-stick.
Combos & Synergies
- Maelok the Dreadbound - the CrocDoc might as well be an auto-include with Maelok for an extra 1" of movement for the entire army. A Gatorman Posse with this and Predator's Prayer charges 11" - and that's before the reach of their weapons. Occasionally you'll Sac Strike a Posse - just remember you can't do revive a Sac Strike'd model as it is removed from play...
- Maelok also comes with the advantage of making the Witch Doctor go from above average to hard to kill with +2 arm but this isn’t unique to the croc doc. Also should you choose to run 2 witch doctors the first to activate can effect the second with Death Ride.
- Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers The shamblers are great Sac Strike targets
- Swamp Gobber Chef - the cheapest thing to sacrifice that's not a shambler.
- Farrow Bone Grinders - slightly more expensive than the Swamp Gobbers - but also ARM 14 so arguably a better power/points ratio.
- Greygore Boomhowler & Co. Top end of what you can sacrifice for single wound models.
- Any large warbeast that doesn't have Pathfinder; Shadow Walk is de facto Pathfinder and immunity to free strikes works really well with (Will Work For Food-granted) Overtake.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Death Ride is only useful to other Minions.
- 2 out of 3 spells are quite hard to trigger without the right support he makes up for it by being cheap.
Tricks & Tips
- Sacrificial Strike is awesome at getting rid of solos - or even catching casters by surprise when they think they are safe.
- When included in a Skorne list, use Death Ride to extend the threat range of a Zaal1 Kovaas assassination, warrior units/models under Mordikaar1's upkeep: Hollow, and Void Spirits hunting living models.
- Released in Forces of Hordes: Minions (2011)
- This model has a limited edition sculpt, released in 2015.07.
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)