|We have 1330 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Gatorman Posse |
Among the most formidable warriors of all the savage races, gatormen augment their natural battle prowess with brutal strength and oversized weapons. The barest scent of blood drives them into a killing frenzy, and a single gatorman can slay several men in a few gore-splattered seconds. Gatormen have no qualms about fighting for any master as long as they are provided with steel weapons and ample food.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Gatorman Posse
- 3 Other
- Prayers - This model can use one of the following prayers at any time durimg each of its unit's activations. Each model in the unit gains the benefits listed.
- Dirge of Mists - Affected models gain concealment. Models are not affected while out of formation. Dirge of Mists lasts for one round.
- Offerings to Kossk - Affected models can reroll missed attack rolls. Each roll can be rerolled only once as a result of Offerings to Kossk. Offerings to Kossk lasts for one turn.
- Predator's Prayer - Affected models gain Bloodthirst this activation. (Bloodthirst - When it charges a living model, this model gains +2" movement.)
- Unyielding - This model gains +2 ARM against melee damage rolls.
- Bite - 0.5" range, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Gatorman Weapon - 2" range, P+S 13 melee attack.
They can attach up to three Void Leeches. The Leech's info has been omitted from this page for brevity.
- Other Factions
- Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
No changes since 2017.12
Thoughts on Gatorman Posse
Gatorman Posse in a nutshell
Solid heavy infantry although a bit overpriced for what they do and, with everyone teching to defeat jacks, heavy infantry is less of a threat.
They're very common in The Blindwater Congregation theme force where they get +3 HP, Snacking (which shuts down a lot of recursion), and count towards free models. Although rarely seen outside the theme force, they are the backbone of the minion heavy infantry list in Blindwater.
Combos & Synergies
- Blindwater, as mentioned above.
- The other place where they shine is (again) another theme force. The Skorne Disciples of Agony theme force gives them access to +2 STR and immunity to knockdown. Add in an Agonizer and you have a fairly durable brick.
- Jalaam can give them pathfinder and stealth with a single spell, which suddenly make them much better. Happily, he is now available in Disciples of Agony.
- Maelok the Dreadbound gives them an extra two points of ARM, and another two during feat turn - which lets them become really bricky in theme.
- Bloody Barnabas can give them a deceptive amount of mobility with Death March, as well as a MAT buff.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They aren't actually that tough; a charging POW 12 can force a tough roll 50% of the time and they get hurt badly by any sort of solid shooting.
- For such an expensive unit they lack Pathfinder
- They can't do much against high ARM, multi-wound models.
Tricks & Tips
- Don't field them outside of the Blindwater Congregation theme.
- Don't hold them back; between their armor boost when engaged and snacking giving them a steady source of HP replenishment, the Posse are hard to remove in the thick of combat, to the point where they are safer embedded in a blob of enemy infantry than out of combat and exposed to ranged fire.
- Remember while the Posse has a 2" reach, you want them base-to-base to get their bite attacks as well.
Released in Hordes: Evolution (2007)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion units you can take.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion units you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion units you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models