Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers
|Are you stuck at home wishing you could play Warmachine & Hordes? |
Why not check out the new fan-made War Table simulator?
| Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers |
Fearsome necromancers, gatorman bokors wield the very powers of life and death. Stalking among the war parties of the gatormen, bokors command the walking slave-corpses of bog trogs, using the cadavers in death with the same ruthlessness that first cost them their lives. Should any doubt the terrible power of the gatormen, they need only look upon the bokors and their undead minions.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers
- 3 Other
|Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers|
- The Bokor has better stats, as shown in the statbox.
- Gatorman - the Bokor is a Gatorman. The Shamblers are not, and the unit is not a Gatorman unit.
- Death Magic - 1) During its activation this model can RFP friendly Grunt models in its unit that are in formation to make additional melee attacks or to boost attack or damage rolls. It can make one additional melee attack or boost one roll for each model removed. 2) When this model would suffer damage, you can choose one or more models in this unit that are in this model’s CMD range to suffer any number of those damage points instead, divided as you choose. If you do, this model does not suffer that damage. A model cannot suffer more damage as a result of Death Magic than it has unmarked damage boxes.
- Stir the Dead - When a living model is destroyed in this model’s command range, this model gains the destroyed model’s corpse token. At the end of your next Control Phase, remove all corpse tokens from this model and add to play one Grunt to this unit for each corpse token removed. Place the Grunts completely within this model’s command range. This unit cannot have more than twenty Grunts in play at any time.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Tail Strike - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Claws - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
They can attach up to three Void Leeches. The Leech's info has been omitted from this page for brevity.
- Other Factions
- Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
No changes since 2017.12
Thoughts on Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers
Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers in a nutshell
It's a zombie horde! Shamblers aren't great - but they are good enough to mess up the enemy and jam up charge lanes. If you're using a lot of living infantry, you may as well chuck these guys in to get some extra mileage out of those bodies.
Combos & Synergies
- They're Rask's favorite choice of Bog Trog meatshields.
- Sacral Vault - the Gator recycles the bodies, the Vault the souls. The vault also brings telemetry for more accurate Hand of Glories.
- Paingiver Task Master - Extra hitting power is always useful - especially with this many troops. And tough shamblers are annoying.
- Bog Trog Mist Speaker Veteran Leader really helps shamblers hit average targets.
- Gatorman Witch Doctor Extra speed on Shamblers is useful. And they are great cheap targets for sacrificial strikes. However be aware that the Witch Doctor zombifying other units will deny you corpse tokens for Shamblers.
- The Blindwater Congregation theme effectively makes them cheaper.
- The Boil Master and Spirit Cauldron can give the Bokor corpses.
- Non-Minion combos
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Shamblers are terrible troops
- The Bokor is a killable lynchpin.
Tricks & Tips
- You're better to run and jam with them, than you are to burn your clock time making attacks with them.
Released in Hordes: Gargantuans (2013)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion units you can take.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion units you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion units you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models