| Feral Warpwolf |
Warpwolves are humans that have been transformed into savage beasts well suited for battle. The druids of the Circle Orboros use the vicious feral warpwolves to strike their enemies hard and fast, unleashing them to sow death and discord with tooth and claw.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good. Click here to read the long version.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Controlled Warping - This model must choose one of the following benefits when it activates. If it frenzies it must choose Warp Strength.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model can be forced to remove d3 damage points once per activation. This model cannot use Regeneration during an activation it runs.
- Bite - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee attack
- Claw (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee attacks
|Target friendly Faction living warbeast gains +2 to MAT & STR for one round, but automatically frenzies in your next Control Phase (even if this animus expires for any reason).|
- Call of the Wild. In this theme, when Feral Warpwolf casts its own animus, the COST is reduced by 1.
- Secret Masters
The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt. Feral Warpwolf gains Tracker in this theme.
No changes since 2018.10
Analysis of Feral Warpwolf
Feral Warpwolf in a nutshell
The Feral Warpwolf is a heavy killer. With a higher MAT than non-character Warpwolves and three initial melee attacks, it simply does a better job of killing heavies, especially as it comes with a scarily powerful animus. With above average speed for a heavy most of the time, you will find yourself warping STR and charging in to show your manliness off to anything that gets in your range.
Combos & Synergies
- Baldur2 can cast Roots of the Earth on it, rendering it immune to knockdown and making it ARM 21 if it warps Armor. Rock Wall goes a long way toward keeping it safe against shooting and (to a lesser extent) melee.
- Each of the Kaya's does something for the Feral:
- Kaya1 increases its accuracy via Pack Hunter, allowing it to reliably hit DEF 16. She can also teleport it back for hit-and-run, and run it hotter thanks to Soothing Song.
- Kaya2 increases its hitting power and survivability via Forced Evolution, and Shadow Pack helps keep it safe from shooting. She can also teleport it back once per game via feat. Dog Pile increases its threat.
- Kaya3 can massively up its offense via Synergy, and protect it going in via Fog of War and her feat. Reposition 3" allows it to back up after it gets work done.
- Kromac1 turns them into highly-accurate missiles with Wild Aggression and Road to War.
- Kromac2 - Thanks to Awakened Spirit, Primal is free to cast, and Primal stacks with Kromac´s feat to give +4 STR +2 MAT +2 ARM.
- Any living warbeast - Every warbeast wants to hit harder and more accurately. It's just a matter of determining what you can afford to lose next turn.
- Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress or the Blackclad Wayfarer - Hunter's Mark is an excellent threat range extender that provides free charges.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- In order to get full use of the speed you need to not warp strength. It's pillow fisted at this point
- no way of rampaging through infantry like other warpwolves.
- Vulnerable to knockdown like other warpwolves
Tricks & Tips
- Remember that you do have more speed (and a longer trample) than people expect
- Decide when to Primal. It's not always a good idea.
- Warp Armor is what you use before the fight actually starts.
- Originally released all the way back in Primal Mk1 (2006)
- Resculpted in 2013 and now sold in a multi-kit with the pureblood and stalker wolves.
- Also available in an extra-large "Extreme" sculpt.
- Warpwolves are humans who were granted metamorphic abilities with an elixir concocted by the Druids of the Circle Orboros (ingestion of said elixir might or might not be voluntarily).
Other Circle models
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.
Rules Clarification : Controlled Warping - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Protective Plates - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Warp Speed - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Warp Strength - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Regeneration - None yet. (Edit)