| Farrow Slaughterhousers |
This model is available in one Prime Army, The Thornfall Alliance. It can also be used in the Unlimited game mode. You can view the other Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
Note that the rest of this page is about the model's Mark III rules.
Bloodthirsty, tough as nails, and strong enough to hack the arms off a gorax, slaughterhousers serve as vicious shock troops in farrow warbands. Heedless of danger, slaughterhouser units charge recklessly into battle, cutting a wide swath through the enemy with their massive pole cleavers and shaking off wounds that would kill or incapacitate lesser farrow.
- Finisher - This model gains an additional die on damage rolls against damaged models.
- Relentless Charge - While advancing as part of a charge, this model gains Pathfinder.
- Take Down - Models disabled by a melee attack made by this model cannot make a Tough roll. Models boxed by a melee attack made by this model are removed from play.
- Other Factions
- Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on Farrow Slaughterhousers
Farrow Slaughterhousers in a nutshell
Farrow Slaughterhousers are effectively a unit of weapon masters - just as long as you have enough shooting to have scratched up the enemy first. At 1.17 points each and with Relentless Charge and reach weapons and removed from play effects they do everything you would want out of single wound melee weapon masters except deliver the first hit (and their survival is iffy).
Combos & Synergies
- Paingiver Task Master - no knockdown tough is just plain obnoxious to deal with, and the Task Master's STR buff means that charging Slaughterhousers are a significant threat to heavies.
- Efaarit Scout can scratch almost anything enough for Finisher to trigger.
- Gun Boar - good model for scratching up enemies.
- Helga's feat is nice on them. If you can get the charge vs a damaged target and slam your target into something, you'll be doing P+S 12 + 5d6 damage.
- Azazello generally polishes infantry
- Maximus gives them Unyielding making them Arm 17 in melee. It won't stand up to charging infantry but will non-charging.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Easy to hit and not terribly fast.
- They need someone else to damage their target for them.
- They don't want to get stuck fighting single-wound infantry.
Tricks & Tips
- They need screening from charges.
Released in Hordes: Domination (2011)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion units you can take.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion units you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion units you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models