|We have 1356 articles and 93% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Farrow Commandos |
The fierce and hardy warriors of the farrow are as difficult to bring down as the boars they resemble. Armed with primitive rifles scavenged from raids on human caravans, farrow brigands are the equals of many frontline soldiers. After surviving numerous engagements, farrow commandos have begun to imitate the battlefield tactics of more rigorously trained forces. Brandishing grenades and kukris as they infiltrate enemy lines, these cunning fighters offer farrow warlords the ability to quickly strike into the heart of the enemy.
- Advance Deployment
- Combined Ranged Attack
- Ambush - You can choose not to deploy this unit at the start of the game. If it is not deployed normally, you can put it into play at the end of any of your Control Phases after your first turn. When you do, choose any table edge except the back of your opponent's deployment zone. Place all models in the unit in formation completely within 3" of the chosen table edge.
- Feign Death - This model cannot be targeted by ranged or magic attacks while knocked down.
- Prowl - While this model has concealment, it gains stealth.
- Grenade - 6" range, 3" AOE, POW 12 ranged attack
- Kukri - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee attack.
- Brutal Charge - This model gains +2 to charge attack damage rolls with this weapon.
- Other Factions
No changes since 2019.08
Thoughts on Farrow Commandos
Farrow Commandos in a nutshell
A unit of advance deploying skirmishers to rival Croak Raiders. Typically Farrow casters don’t support them well enough but the Vengeance of Dhunia theme has helped them find a niche that the croaks can’t occupy. They have an odd mix of rules that are all quite niche or don’t really fit together. Combined ranged attack on RNG 6 guns can be tough to utilise and Feign Death is of little use if you are already utilising Prowl or if you are in melee. But they can deal good volumes of damage either on the charge or with the grenades.
When ambushing they have an unaided 14 inch threat range either side of the board with the bombs.
Combos & Synergies
- Paingiver Task Master - no knockdown tough on conscripts is just plain obnoxious to deal with - and the Task Master's STR buff means that charging commandos can do significant damage to a warbeast
- Carver1 - Veteran Leader helps
- Stand them in Helga2’s or the Meat Thresher's Exhaust Fumes and they can proc Prowl and get Stealth even without terrain pieces to stand in.
- Azazello they are a great Henchmen target as they typically fit Azazello’s game plan more than Brigands and they do have some melee game.
Vengeance of Dhunia
- Krielstone - everyone likes +2 arm and an extra effect from the CA.
- Stone Scribe Chronicler - Tale of Mists gives them Stealth.
- Gunnbjorn2 can give the bombs a nasty feat turn.
- Grim2 - Mirage, Mark Target and Snipe with the potential of Mortality thrown in for good measure.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Relatively short threat range, about the same as regular infantry.
- Their best role is as ambushers.
Tricks & Tips
- Prowl/Pathfinder is the same as it ever was
- Even if the grenades miss if you are near enough they will hit light infantry in the blast.
Released not long after the start of Mk3 (2016.11 to be precise)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion units you can take.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion units you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion units you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models