From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Eruption of Spines)
| Eruption of Spines - Cost 3, 10" range, POW 10
- If target model is hit, the d3 nearest models within 5" of it suffer a POW 10 damage roll. These additional rolls are not considered to have been caused by an attack. Damage rolls are simultaneous.
| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Eruption of Spines (Edit)
Not considered an attack
Spells that "arc" (Edit)
- The original attack and damage is definitely an attack, and triggers stuff normally. But the "secondary" damage works quite differently.
- The secondary damage is not an attack, so doesn't trigger stuff like Vengeance.
- The secondary damage (normally) doesn't actually hit the model(s) it damages, so doesn't trigger stuff like Shock Field. (A few of them do specify they hit, though, like Warhead.)
- The secondary damage is not from an attack, but it is damage from the original model. This has two implications:
- It's not an attack from a weapon so:
- it won't gain damage buffs from the weapon (such as Poison).
- it won't gain any Damage Types from the weapon. (Infernal Ruling)
- It is a damage roll from a model so:
- For spells that cause damage to "leap" or "arc" to adjacent models (Chain Lightning, Eruption of Spines, Ashes to Ashes, etc) ...
- The damage is from a spell, so it is magical damage. (Infernal Ruling)
- Steamroller flags are models, and so are eligible to be leaped to/from (although they won't be damaged by the spell). (Infernal Ruling)
- Check whether your spell specifies "enemy model" or just "model", because as of Steamroller 2017 flags are not enemy or friendly.
Pages in category "Eruption of Spines"
This category contains only the following page.