|99% of this website is about Mark 3 (mk3), which is the previous edition of the game (2016 to 2022). The reasons for this are explained here.|
1% of the website is about Mark 4 (mk4), but only in regards to which mk3 models are useable in mk4 Prime and which are mk4 Unlimited. See Legacy Armies for more detail.
| Enigma Foundry |
This model is available in one Prime Army, Convergence of Cyriss. It can also be used in the Unlimited game mode. You can view the other Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
Note that the rest of this page is about the model's Mark III rules.
Thanks to the miracle of the clockwork vessel, a member of the Convergence might live a thousand lifetimes upon Caen—provided his soul’s essence chamber remains safe from the predations of enemies. It is the enigma foundries that are essential for safeguarding the essence chambers. They are charged with recovering the souls of those who fall in battle and equipped to rapidly reconstruct clockwork vessels from parts salvaged from the battlefield.
- Repair [d3+3] (★ Action) - RNG B2B. Target friendly Faction construct model. If the model is in range, remove d3+3 damage points from it.
- Soul Taker: Gatekeeper - This model can collect soul tokens. When a living friendly Faction model is destroyed while in this model's command range, this model gains the destroyed model's soul token. This model can have up to three soul tokens at any time. This model can spend soul tokens for the following:
- Reconstruction - During your Maintenance Phase you may remove one soul token from this model to return to play one destroyed medium-based friendly Faction construct Grunt, or remove up to three soul tokens from this Foundry to return one destroyed small-based friendly Faction construct Grunt to play for each token removed. Place each returned Grunt completely within 2˝ of this model and in formation.
- Soul Vessel - This model generates soul tokens as if it were a living model.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- Clockwork Legions. This model becomes FA:4 in this theme.
- Strange Bedfellows. This model gains Swift Vengeance in this theme.
- Other Factions
- Mercenary players can also use this model via the Strange Bedfellows theme. As before it gains Swift Vengeance.
Thoughts on Enigma Foundry
Enigma Foundry in a nutshell
Enigma Foundries are Convergence's version of the Cryx Necrosurgeon - they collect the remnants of their fallen brethren, only to reconstruct them later. Unlike the Cryx, though, they only collect friendly souls, and they can reconstruct medium-based infantry. They can also reconstruct small-base troops, though that tends to come up dramatically less often.
Combos & Synergies
- Any infantry unit - who doesn't love coming back to life?
- Except maybe Clockwork Angels, who tend to operate too far away to benefit.
- The heavy medium-base troops are usually the best rez targets thanks to their relative output & good defensive stats
- Negation Angels are the best target in Strange Bedfellows, but the small unit size and awkward positioning makes the opportunity uncommon. But turning that one angel that randomly survived the enemy turn into a full unit again can be cute if it comes up.
- Consequently, casters who can offer infantry support (Aurora, Lucant, Axis)
- Another Enigma Foundry. With two of them you can put back models back just as fast as the enemy kills them, which is downright frustrating (for your opponent).
- Add in Nemo4 and now you're really swimming in bodies each turn!
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Completely unarmed.
- Lynchpin model on large base - it is a high priority target.
- Enemies with soul collecting tricks or RFP attacks can torpedo your Reconstruction.
- Support bloat
Tricks & Tips
- Its stays alive by relying on its superb ARM and its awesome CMD range - keep your distance from the frontline.
- Keep one model in a unit back from the rest, close to the Foundry. It will be an "insurance model" so you always have a starting point for Reconstruction. You can even leave it out of formation, just be aware of the downsides of that.
- You can transform one model type to another type, kind of.
- If you have members of unit [A] that are destroyed, but no souls, you can grab a soul from any unit and use it to return a model to unit [A].
- This lets you 'promote' Obstructors to Reciprocators.
- No one is left behind: you can collect the soul of one destroyed Foundry with a second Foundry.
- Reconstruction happens during your maintenance phase. Vengeance happens during your maintenance phase. Clockwork Legions grants all your medium based infantry vengeance.
- Released in Forces of Warmachine: Convergence of Cyriss (2013)
Other Convergence models
|Convergence Index (Edit)|
Aurora1 - Aurora2 - Axis - Directrix - Locke - Lucant - Orion - Syntherion
Corollary (Attached) - Diffuser - Galvanizer - Mitigator - Negator - Tesselator
Assimilator - Cipher - Conservator - Inverter - Modulator - Monitor
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
Clockwork Angels -
Optifex Directive -
Negation Angels -
Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Destructotron 3000 - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Frustum Locus - J.A.I.M.s - Prefect Hypatia - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector - Widget, Mathlete Archeologist
|Clockwork Legions - Destruction Initiative - Strange Bedfellows|
|This index was last updated: 2021.11|
Rules Clarification : Unarmed (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Pathfinder (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Construct - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Repair (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Gatekeeper - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Reconstruction (Edit)
Return/Add to Play - Other Units (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Soul Vessel (Edit)