Eilish Garrity, the Occultist
| Eilish Garrity, the Occultist |
How usable this model is in Mk IV depends on the Faction:
You can view the Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
An arcanist, scholar, and experienced sellsword, Eilish Garrity of the Black River Irregulars mercenary company now walks a dangerous road to power. Those who confront him in battle discover that his scholarly demeanor belies his potent arcane skill—which some suggest was earned through nefarious means. He insists he is wielding his power for the greater good, though it seems a dark path he treads.
- Partisan [ Infernals ] - When included in a Infernals army, this model/unit is a Infernals model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Arcane Void - When a model in this model's command range is targeted by an enemy spell, the enemy caster immediately suffers d3 damage. If the enemy spellcaster is destroyed as a result of this damage, the spell does not take effect.
- Gate Walker - Once per activation, immediately after this model casts a spell, you can place this model anywhere completely within 5" of its current location.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Marked Soul - This model is a Marked Soul.
- Mental Force - This model can use Mental Force at the beginning of each attack. If it does, all attack and damage rolls resulting from the attack are boosted. After the attack is resolved, this model suffers d3 damage points.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
|When Bleed damages a living enemy model, this model can remove d3 damage points.|
| Puppet Master
|(★ Action) or (★ Attack)||10||-||-||Round||(★)|
|When Puppet Master targets an enemy model/unit, it is a magic attack. You can have one affected model reroll one attack or damage roll, then Puppet Master expires. Puppet Master lasts for one round.|
|Enemy upkeep spells on models/units within 5˝ of this model expire. Models suffer d3 damage points for each of those spells they controlled.|
- Other Factions
- Convergence players can use this model in the Strange Bedfellows theme. He gains Swift Vengeance in this theme.
- Furthermore, Mercenary/Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on Eilish1
Eilish1 in a nutshell
He's a support model specialising in giving your army some anti-spell protection (Arcane Void and Unbinding) and dabbling in buffing (Puppet Master). Last on the list is a boostable Bleed.
Most likely you're taking him with a very specific target for Puppet Master in mind. He's a very strong pick for many armies.
Combos & Synergies
- MacBain can feat on him, letting him safely run into the enemy lines ready to Unbind their upkeeps next turn.
- Major Harrison Gibbs or Lynus can heal him after he cut himself for his magic.
- Any model with a good critical effect appreciates a re-roll. Two attempts to get a crit are better than 1, after all.
- Crosse2 likes to take Eilish and Reinholdt to really improve Crosse's shooting.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's more of a utility piece, his offensive output is quite poor for a 5 point model.
- He faces stiff competition from many other Mercenary solos.
Tricks & Tips
- Unbinding is normally used to get rid of enemy debuffs on your models. It can be used to get rid of the enemy buffs on enemy models ... but the short range makes that unlikely.
- Keep him out of LOS but close enough to key models to project Arcane Void over them. He's pretty squishy, and if he sticks his neck out the enemy will snipe him.
- Released in the Northkin Expansion (2017.07)
- His initial sculpt was a limited edition that was attached to the magazine No Quarter Prime #1.
- His non-limited sculpt was released in mid-2018.
- Eilish Garrity is a member of the Black River Irregulars, who feature in several novels and an expansion to the Undercity board game.
- There is an official short story The Toll by Doug Seacat 2019.06, starring Eilish Garrity and set in the time between the events of the Black Crowns novel and his incarnation as Eilish the Occultist.
- The fluff reason he is allowed to work for anyone, including the likes of Grymkin and the Retribution, is a bit of handwavium.
Other Theme Forces
Retribution of Scyrah (Edit)
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Convergence of Cyriss (Edit)
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Farrow Sapper - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Barnabas0 - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Bone Shrine - Croak Hunter - Flugwug the Filcher - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor - Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Underchief Mire - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Alten Ashley - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Death Archon - Dhunian Archon - Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Flubbin1 - Flubbin2 & Dreyfus2 - Flugwug the Filcher - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 & Dez2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kogan the Exile - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Malvin2 - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - The Wastelander - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Tubbin - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon - Weird Wendell
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Independent Warjack||Malvin1 & Mayhem1|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Vengeance of Dhunia - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2021.11|
|Infernal Index (Edit)|
|Unique Rules : Masters, Horrors, Essence, & Summoning|
|Infernal Masters||Agathon - Omodamos - Zaateroth|
|Attachment (1)||Lord Roget d'Vyaros|
|Master Infernalist||Princess Regna|
|Lesser||Foreboder||Heavy||Desolator - Soul Stalker - Tormentor|
|Light||Lamenter - Shrieker||Colossal||Guardian of Souls - Harvester of Souls|
|Units, Solos, & Structures|
Eilish1 - Eilish2 - Great Princess Regna Gravnoy (Master Infernalist) - Hermit of Henge Hold - Lord Roget d'Vyaros (Attachment) - Lynda the Forgotten - Nicia2 - Orin1 - Saxon Orrik - Runewood2 - The Wretch - Umbral Guardian - Valin Hauke, The Fallen Knight
|Dark Legacy - Hearts of Darkness||J.A.I.M.s|
This index was last updated: 2021.07
(1) - Note that an Infernal Master Attachment is not part of the battlegroup, they are merely listed there for convenience.