Eilish Garrity, the Occultist
|We have 1356 articles and 93% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Eilish Garrity, the Occultist |
An arcanist, scholar, and experienced sellsword, Eilish Garrity of the Black River Irregulars mercenary company now walks a dangerous road to power. Those who confront him in battle discover that his scholarly demeanor belies his potent arcane skill—which some suggest was earned through nefarious means. He insists he is wielding his power for the greater good, though it seems a dark path he treads.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Eilish Garrity
- 3 Other
- Mercenary - This model will work for Convergence, Crucible Guard, Cryx, Cygnar, Infernals, Khador, Protectorate, or Retribution.
- Minion - This model will work for Circle, Grymkin, Legion, Skorne, or Trollbloods.
- Partisan [ Infernals ] - When included in a Infernals army, this model/unit is a Infernals model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Arcane Void - When a model in this model's command range is targeted by an enemy spell, the enemy caster immediately suffers d3 damage. If the enemy spellcaster is destroyed as a result of this damage, the spell does not take effect.
- Gate Walker - Once per activation, immediately after this model casts a spell, you can place this model anywhere completely within 5" of its current location.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Marked Soul - This model is a Marked Soul.
- Mental Force - This model can use Mental Force at the beginning of each attack. If it does, all attack and damage rolls resulting from the attack are boosted. After the attack is resolved, this model suffers d3 damage points.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
|When Bleed damages a living enemy model, this model can remove d3 damage points.|
| Puppet Master
|(★ Action) or (★ Attack)||10||-||-||Round||(★)|
|When Puppet Master targets an enemy model/unit, it is a magic attack. You can have one affected model reroll one attack or damage roll, then Puppet Master expires. Puppet Master lasts for one round.|
|Enemy upkeep spells on models/units within 5˝ of this model expire. Models suffer d3 damage points for each of those spells they controlled.|
- Other Factions
- Mercenary/Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
- Aside from that, there are a few themes that will change what Faction this model counts as (and thus what "friendly Faction only" buffs it can receive). They are:
No changes since 2019.06
Thoughts on Eilish Garrity
Eilish Garrity in a nutshell
He's a support model specialising in giving your army some anti-spell protection (Arcane Void and Unbinding) and dabbling in buffing (Puppet Master). Last on the list is a boostable Bleed.
Unbinding can be used in an offensive manner (to get rid of the enemy's defensive buffs) but the short range makes that unlikely.
Most likely you're taking him with a very specific target for Puppet Master in mind. He's a very strong pick for many armies.
Combos & Synergies
- MacBain can feat on him, run him up to something to clear upkeeps and keep him alive.
- Major Harrison Gibbs or Lynus can heal him after he cut himself for his magic.
- He's worthy of consideration when you have models that can achieve particularly powerful critical effects. For example, Puppet Master on a Mule with Deadeye is a nearly 70% chance to trigger Critical Devastation, it gets even higher if the Mule boosts the attack roll.
- Anything that makes him move farther extends the threat of his upkeep removal. A caster that provides this might be another compelling reason to bring him.
- Take him with Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator in a Lieutenant Crosse, Resistance Fighter list for an extra shot and a re-roll on most turns, and TWO re-rolls on the turn Gastone goes ham.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's more of a utility piece, so his offensive output is quite poor for a 5 point model and he faces stiff competition from many other Mercenary solos.
Tricks & Tips
Use Drake Macbain's feat to make him unkillable, run him forward. Stand him up with Boomhowler if he is knocked down and have him use Unbinding as a mini-purification on all your opponent's upkeeps.
- Released in the Northkin Expansion (2017.07)
- He has an alternate sculpt which was released about a year before his main sculpt, it was attached to No Quarter Prime #1. This sculpt is notable for being inside a rectangular resin sprue with a resin base included.
- Eilish Garrity is a member of the Black River Irregulars, who feature in several novels and an expansion to the Undercity board game.
- There is an official short story The Toll by Doug Seacat 2019.06, starring Eilish Garrity and set in the time between the events of the Black Crowns novel and his incarnation as Eilish the Occultist.
- The fluff reason he is allowed to work for anyone, including the likes of Grymkin and the Retribution, is a bit of handwavium.
Other Theme Forces
Retribution of Scyrah (Edit)
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Convergence of Cyriss (Edit)
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Alten Ashley - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Death Archon - Dhunian Archon - Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Flubbin - Flugwug the Filcher - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 & Dez2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kogan the Exile - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - The Wastelander - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon - Weird Wendell
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Independent Warjack||Malvin & Mayhem|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Vengeance of Dhunia - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2021.03|
|Infernal Index (Edit)|
|Unique Rules : Masters, Horrors, Essence, & Summoning|
|Infernal Masters||Agathon - Omodamos - Zaateroth|
|Attachment||Lord Roget d'Vyaros||Master Infernalist||Princess Regna|
|Lesser||Foreboder||Light||Lamenter - Shrieker||Heavy||Desolator - Soul Stalker - Tormentor|
|Units, Solos, & Structures|
Eilish1 - Eilish2 - Great Princess Regna Gravnoy (Master Infernalist) - Hermit of Henge Hold - Lord Roget d'Vyaros - Lynda the Forgotten - Nicia2 - Orin1 - Saxon Orrik - Runewood2 - The Wretch - Umbral Guardian - Valin Hauke, The Fallen Knight
|Dark Legacy - Hearts of Darkness||J.A.I.M.s|
|This index was last updated: 2020.12|