Eilish Garrity, the Occultist
|We have 1198 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Feora2 (theme thoughts)||Imperatus (Dawnguard and non-vyros combos)|
| Eilish Garrity, the Occultist |
An arcanist, scholar, and experienced sellsword, Eilish Garrity of the Black River Irregulars mercenary company now walks a dangerous road to power. Those who confront him in battle discover that his scholarly demeanor belies his potent arcane skill—which some suggest was earned through nefarious means. He insists he is wielding his power for the greater good, though it seems a dark path he treads.
|Eilish Garrity, the Occultist|
- Mercenary - This model will work for Convergence, Crucible Guard, Cryx, Cygnar, Khador, Protectorate, or Retribution.
- Minion - This model will work for Circle, Grymkin, Legion, Skorne, or Trollbloods.
- ie, everyone except Infernals
- Arcane Void - When a model in this model's CMD range is targeted by an enemy spell, the enemy caster immediately suffers d3 damage. If this damage destroys them, the spell does not take effect.
- Gate Walker - Once per activation, immediately after he casts a spell, Eilish can be placed anywhere completely within 5" of his current location.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast a single spell.
- Mental Force - This model can use Mental Force at the beginning of each attack. If it does, all attack and damage rolls resulting from the attack are boosted. After the attack is resolved, this model suffers d3 damage points.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
|When Bleed damages a living enemy model, this model can remove d3 damage points.|
| Puppet Master
|(★ Action) or (★ Attack)||10||-||-||Round||(★)|
|When Puppet Master targets an enemy model/unit, it is a magic attack. You can have one affected model reroll one attack or damage roll, then it expires. Puppet Master lasts for one round.|
|Enemy upkeep spells on models/units within 5˝ of this model expire. For each upkeep spell that expires as a result of Unbinding, the model maintaining the spell suffers d3 damage points.|
Other As a man who will work for almost anyone, Eilish can also go in so many theme forces in other Factions. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on Eilish Garrity
Eilish Garrity in a nutshell
He's a support model specialising in giving your army some anti-spell protection (Arcane Void and Unbinding) and dabbling in buffing (Puppet Master). Last on the list is a boostable Bleed.
Unbinding can be used in an offensive manner (to get rid of the enemy's defensive buffs) but the short range makes that unlikely.
Most likely you're taking him with a very specific target for Puppet Master in mind. He's a very strong pick for many armies.
Combos & Synergies
- MacBain can feat on him, run him up to something to clear upkeeps and keep him alive.
- Major Harrison Gibbs or Lynus can heal him after he cut himself for his magic.
- He's worthy of consideration when you have models that can achieve particularly powerful critical effects. For example, Puppet Master on a Siege Crawler with Fire For Effect is a nearly 70% chance to trigger Stagger.
- Anything that makes him move farther extends the threat of his upkeep removal. A caster that provides this might be another compelling reason to bring him.
- Take him with Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator in a Lieutenant Crosse, Resistance Fighter list for an extra shot and a re-roll on most turns, and TWO re-rolls on the turn Gastone goes ham.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's more of a utility piece, so his offensive output is quite poor for a 5 point model and he faces stiff competition from many other Mercenary solos.
Tricks & Tips
Use Drake Macbain's feat to make him unkillable, run him forward. Stand him up with Boomhowler if he is knocked down and have him use Unbinding as a mini-purification on all your opponent's upkeeps.
Released in the Northkin CID (2017.07)
Eilish Garrity is a member of the Black River Irregulars, who feature in several novels and an expansion to the Undercity board game.
The fluff reason he is allowed to work for anyone, including the likes of Grymkin and the Retribution, is as yet unexplained.
Other Theme Forces
|Convergence of Cyriss (Edit)||Crucible Guard (Edit)|
|Cryx (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
|Khador (Edit)||Retribution of Scyrah (Edit)|
|Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)||Circle Orboros (Edit)|
|Grymkin (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Units||Farrow||Farrow Bone Grinders - Farrow Brigands - Farrow Commandos - Farrow Razorback Crew - Farrow Slaughterhousers - Farrow Valkyries|
|Gatorman|| Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Croak Trappers - Gatorman Bokor & Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
Special WA: Void Leech
|Unaligned||Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Lynus & Edrea|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
|Gatorman|| Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dhunian Archon Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Saxon Orrik - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Will Work for Food|
|This index was last updated: 2019.04|