|We have 1213 articles and 91% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Crucible Guard Assault Troopers (one year review)||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc (one year review)||Cinerators CA (one year review)||Exemplar Warder (one year review)|
| Dynamo |
Having been rebuilt nearly from scratch by Sebastian Nemo after serving years on the front lines as a Stormclad, Dynamo represents a tremendous advancement in voltaic warjack technology. Powered by its galvanic generator, Dynamo is outfitted to render electrical destruction via its devastating firestorm cannon. This weapon fires deadly bolts of lightning that can strike clusters of advancing soldiers or be concentrated to melt heavy armor to slag. Thanks to Dynamo’s ability to harness and channel its own kinetic energy, each attack it unleashes is deadlier than the last.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Bond [Nemo] - If Dynamo begins the game in Nemo's battlegroup, it is bonded to him/her/them. Dynamo is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While Dynamo is bonded to Nemo and in their control range, Dynamo can reroll missed attack rolls for weapons with Damage Type: Electrical. Attack rolls can be rerolled only once as a result of this bond..
- Chain Reaction - For each melee or ranged attack that hits an enemy model during his activation, Dynamo gets a cumulative +1 damage on its next attack(s).
- Insulated Frame - Models in B2B with Dynamo gain Immunity: Electricity.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model does not suffer electrical damage. Lightning cannot arc to or from this model.
- Firestorm Cannon- 10" range, POW 12 gun
- Multi-Fire (★ Attack) - Make an attack with this weapon. On a hit, after resolving the attack Dynamo can immediately make one additional attack with this weapon targeting the last model hit or another model within 2" of that model. Dynamo can make up to four attacks during its activation as a result of Multi-Fire.
- Damage Type: Electricity - This weapon does electricity damage.
- Battle Spear- 2" reach, P+S 17 melee weapon
When taken by Nemo
When taken by anyone else
- No one else can take him in a theme force.
Thoughts on Dynamo
Dynamo in a nutshell
Dynamo seemingly does nothing well with a fairly average POW ranged weapon and melee damage that is outclassed by the dedicated Cygnar melee jacks. But it is Chain Reaction that makes him shine - his ranged attacks, assuming all hit, see a 4th shot at POW 15 which will worry lights and some heavies, especially as the last three shots tend to be boosted. And that is all before you begin to consider all the buffs Cygnar can apply to lightning attacks.
Similarly, P+S 20 is not out of the question in melee.
Combos & Synergies
- Any of the Nemos love to have him along as his personal jack as the reroll makes the multifire more likely to hit.
- Nemo1 can ensure Dynamo can boost every single damage roll with the Firestorm Cannon thanks to Field Marshal: Supercharged.
- Nemo2 can use Energizer to solve his short range issues and use his feat to power him.
- Nemo3 in particular can turn him up to 11 and give him maximum focus when only spending one point, with possible 4D6 damage on the feat.
- He has a ranged weapon with Electrical Damage. That means you want to consider:
- The Firefly for Ionization to start the multi-fire chain off at POW14.
- Silver Line Stormguard for Electroconduction to start the multi-fire chain off at POW14.
- If both Ionization and Electroconduction are in effect, then the multi-fire chain starts at POW16 due to being different abilities.
- The Storm Strider to improve his accuracy.
- Rangers to improve his accuracy.
- Gun Mage Captain Adept for Flare to increase accuracy and to ghost shot blockers out of the way.
However, if you are deliberately playing out-of-theme, here's some ideas: [Expand/Collapse]
- Caine3 can start the damage chain off at the equivalent of POW19, using his feat, Calamity, and the Firefly's ionisation.
- Which also works wonders at fixing Dynamo's RAT, giving an effective +5 swing against a target with Calamity applied to it.
- Haley1 can make it easier for Dynamo to hit its target with Temporal Barrier and her feat gives a potential 5 shots for that turn.
- Kraye can get him starting off his Battle Spear melee attacks at P+S 18, since impact attacks from Iron Horse will invoke Chain Reaction.
- Gaining Reposition also means he can scoot back if he wants another round of shooting.
- Sloan can offer Guided Fire, but can struggle to provide enough focus to boost Dynamo's damage rolls.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's 50% more expensive than an Ironclad, with the same level of survivability and nearly identical melee output.
- As one of the few models that has the capability to severely damage or destroy heavy Warjacks or Warbeasts at range, he can be a priority target for your opponent. It can be worth applying Snipe or one of Cygnar's many defensive buffs if you play it aggressively.
- His range is painfully short, you may find that you only get one good round of shooting with the Firestorm Cannon.
- When you want to use Dynamo to shoot, you really want to allocate him maximum focus. This can be an issue for Cygnar's typically focus-strapped Warcasters - fortunately, none of the Nemos are among them.
Tricks & Tips
- Make sure you get a Firefly into a good position ahead of time so you can run it in before Dynamo attacks.
- If you are going to mult-fire into a unit, every model the shot bounces to needs to be in range of the gun. Don't start the chain at max range, since you will quickly out distance yourself.
- Rat 6 is good, but one miss ruins the chain. Try and set him up with some RAT buffs or whenever he can aim.
- Trample over a bunch of infantry to your "real" target, and then buy attacks with a potentially massive damage buff. Did you trample and hit 5 infantry? Here, have +5 damage on your first bought attack.
- Released in the Warmachine: Reckoning expansion (2015)
Other Cygnar models