From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Dual Attack)
| Dual Attack - This model can make melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Dual Attack (Edit)
- If you have multiple ranged attacks and/or melee attacks, you can intermingle them in any order. (Infernal Ruling)
- You can charge, make a ranged attack, then make your charge melee attack. Even though you made a ranged attack, that doesn't change the fact that your first melee attack is the charge attack. (Infernal Ruling)
- You must complete all initial attacks before buying attacks. You can't go: Make an initial melee attack, then buy a melee attack, then make an initial ranged attack. (Locked Thread)
- Dual Attack doesn't let you mix initial attacks with a (★) attack. Dual Attack only lets you make either:
- Initial melee attacks and initial ranged attacks.
- Power attack and initial ranged attacks.
Any other combination of (★ Attack) and initials is disallowed. See this thread for full explanation and links to relevant Infernal Rulings.
- You could theoretically make a special melee attack and then buy additional ranged attacks (or vice versa) ... but the core rules say "The rules for these special attacks indicate the nature of any additional attacks that can be made afterward, if any" so the special attack would have to explicitly allow a swap - and I'm unaware of any that do so.
- There is no penalty for shooting an enemy you are in melee with.
- Your ranged attack(s) can target a model you are not in melee with. (Infernal Ruling)
- Dual Attack & Drag ( Edit )
- This is pretty-much limited to just the Prime Axiom under Syntherion
- If you charge model A then utilise Dual Attack to make a ranged attack vs the same model, then you would get the free melee attack from Drag. The Drag attack is a charge attack. (Infernal Ruling)
- If you charge model A then utilise Dual Attack to make a ranged attack vs a different model, then you would lose the free melee attack from Drag. Your first melee attack must be versus the charge target, and you cannot save the Drag attack for later. (Infernal Ruling)
- If you didn't charge then ... just go nuts. There's no restrictions that I know of.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Dual Attack"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.