Circle Blackclad Solo (Attached)
Deeply devoted to the beast path of druidic magic, druid wilders are a natural inclusion into any warlock’s battlegroup. Their close affinity to these wild beasts allows them to evoke the latent powers of a warbeast’s animus to lend strength to the pack. When not tapping into the innate arcane powers of the Circle’s warbeasts, wilders assist in directing the actions of the pack or in calming a beast that is consumed with battle lust.
Staff - 2" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Attached - Before the start of the game, attach this model/unit to a friendly Faction warcaster/warlock for the rest of the game. Each warcaster/warlock can only have one model/unit attached to it.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Arcane Support - If this model is in its warcaster/warlock's control range during your Control Phase, the warcaster/warlock can upkeep one spell for free.
- Herding - While this model is in its warlock's CTRL range, that warlock can force, leech, reave, heal and transfer damage to warbeasts in its battlegroup in this model's CMD range.
- Magic Ability [ N/A ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Medicate (★ Action) - Range B2B. Heal target friendly faction living warbeast d3 damage.
- Shepherd's Call (★ Action) - Remove up to 1 fury from each friendly Faction living warbeast currently within 3".
Thoughts on Druid Wilder
Druid Wilder in a nutshell
The Druid Wilder is an attachment that provides a free upkeep for your warlock and does a little healing or fury management. She also extends your warlocks beast control.
Combos & Synergies
- Any warlock with an upkeep spell (i.e. most of them)
Drawbacks and Downsides
- If you don't want the free upkeep, Shifting Stones do everything else better, with the possible exception of fury removal if you have 4+ beasts needing fury removed.
- Herding is very situational, don't count this as an extended control range for your beast.
Tricks and Tips
- She can be taken for free in any theme she can be played in.
- While it won't come up often, her weapon is magical with 2 inch reach and she threatens 11 inches on a charge.
Other Circle models
Rules Clarification: : Magical Damage (Edit)
(Click Expand to read)
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
- All spells have "Damage Type: Magical" (refer errata).
- This is inherited by "immediate" secondary damage (such as Eruption of Spines). (Infernal Ruling)
- and might be inherited by "lingering" secondary damage (see below).
- If a spell leaves a template in play that does damage to models that walk around in it, then:
- if it is not described as a hazard it will do magical damage to models that walk around in it. (Example: Razor Wall)
- if it is a hazard then it will not do magical damage to models that walk around in it. Instead, it does whatever damage type is specified by the spell description. (Example: Breath of Corruption).
- (Infernal Ruling)
- If a weapon/spell includes Magic Damage and another kind of elemental damage it will still damage Incorporeal models. Incorporeal models are not affected by the rule "if an attack does multiple types of damage and a model is immune to at least one it is immune to the entire attack."
The phrase "immune to non-magical damage" should be interpreted as "immune to damage that doesn't include Damage Type: Magical" (not interpreted as "has immunity to Corrosion and Electricity and Cold and etc.")
Rules Clarification : Attached (Edit)
- Attached models are not (normally) part of the warcaster's/warlock's battlegroup. (Infernal Ruling)
- (You need the Companion rule to become part of the battlegroup).
- Thus, attachments are not affected by battlegroup-only effects such as Energizer (unless they're a Companion).
Rules Clarification : Arcane Assist and/or Arcane Support (Edit)
- Arcane Assist: The caster needs to be in the support model's CMD range.
- Arcane Support: The support model needs to be in the caster's CTRL range.
Rules Clarification : Herding - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Magic Ability (Edit)
- Almost every magic ability cannot be used on the same turn you charge. Because a charge must (almost always) be followed by a melee attack.
- Using a Magic Ability counts as a spell, for effects such as Spell Ward, Witch Hunter, etc.
- Unlike with warcasters/warlocks, using a Magic Ability is not an "any time" ability. This means:
- You must complete your movement before you use a MA.
- You cannot make ranged or melee attacks on the same turn you use a MA.
- You cannot use a MA on the same turn you charge.
- (Unless, of course, the rules for the specific MA you're using say you can.)
- A model in a unit cannot use its Combat Action to cast a spell until all members of the unit have completed their movement. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Medicate (Edit)
- You can heal any spiral, they don't all have to be the same spiral.
Rules Clarification : Shepherd's Call - None yet. (Edit)