|We have 1356 articles and 93% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Dirty Meg |
Boasting a natural aptitude with machinery and a deadly swing with her warjack wrench, Dirty Meg fits right in among pirate crews. Her ability to keep everything from warjacks to the ship's boiler in perfect shape makes her invaluable, and her skills controlling warjacks in combat make her a feared and prized across the Iron Kingdoms.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Dirty Meg
- 3 Other
- 'Jack Marshal
- Drive: Off-Road - When a warjack under this model's control begins an advance while in this model's command range, the warjack gains Pathfinder while resolving the advance. Additionally, while in this model's command range, a warjack uner its control gains Reposition [3"]. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
- Iron Sentinel - While B2B with a friendly Faction warjack, this model gains +2 DEF and ARM and cannot become knocked down.
- Repair [d6] (★ Action) - RNG B2B. Target friendly Faction construct model. If the model is in range, remove d6 damage points from it.
- Junker - 10" range, POW 12 ranged attack
- Great Wrench - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee attack
- Other Factions
- Mercenary models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
- Aside from that, there are a few themes that will change what Faction this model counts as (and thus what "friendly Faction only" buffs it can receive). They are:
Thoughts on Dirty Meg
Dirty Meg in a Nutshell
Dirty Meg is a cheap jack marshal with repair who happens to also be a Privateer. She can also shoot at warjacks to make them stationary. Her drive is both reposition and, importantly, Pathfinder. Because jack marshalling without power booster is fairly weak, she is usually a repair bot who takes the odd disruption shot.
Jack Marshal thoughts
Most players prefer to take her without a warjack, but she's a better marshal than most thanks to combos. First her drive is simply good; everyone likes Pathfinder. Second in Talion Charter she works with the Powder Monkey to combine cheap focus with a drive. And third she can work with Captain Phinneus Shae who hands out free charges.
If you're going to jack marshal something, there are a few good options:
- Talon - the cheap and tough melee light warjack you throw at the enemy and make them choke.
- Freebooter - the light warjack on steroids likes to be marshalled for the flat to hit buff. Also due to Lash and Iron Sentinel, she has a statline of 15/15 with no-knock down tough while base to base with it.
- The Scallywag is incredibly mobile and Gang Fighter makes it surprisingly hard hitting for assassinations or even denting the lighter heavies with the help of Crush.
Non-jack combos & synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- You're buying her for the jack marshal ability, not her own merits.
- If you want to repair non-merc warjacks you're probably better off with Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI instead. (Or possibly Moorclaw - but he lacks good drives at present)
- She is the only Privateer solo that doesn't work for Cryx.
Tricks & Tips
- Junker before her jack charges.
Released in Forces of Warmachine: Pirates of the Broken Coast (2007)
Warjacks she can take
With the way Mercenary battlegroups work, this model can't simply control any Mercenary warjack, and instead is limited to the following choices:
|Mercenary Warjacks (Human) (Edit)|
|Light||Buccaneer - Renegade (Magnus only) - Scallywag - Swashbuckler - Talon - Vanguard|
|Heavy||Freebooter - Gallant - Mangler - Mariner - Mule - Nomad - Rocinante - Rover - Toro - Swabber|
|Colossal||Blockader - Galleon|
- Note: Other restrictions may apply, such as 'Jack Marshals can't control Colossals, character warjacks aren't allowed in most theme forces, etc.
Other Theme Forces
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Mercenary models