Dire Troll Bomber
|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| Dire Troll Bomber |
Although dangerous and unpredictable, the powerful dire trolls serve their trollkin allies in a variety of battlefield roles. The dire troll mauler is a creature of savage simplicity, devastating enemies with nothing more than its gigantic fists and unearthly strength. The dire troll blitzer totes a rapid-fire slugger cannon and its pyg gunner into combat on its back, adding a lethal spray of lead to the crushing blows of its mighty fists. The dire troll bomber hurls barrels of explosives at the enemy before pulverizing them in melee combat.
|Dire Troll Bomber|
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good. Click here to read the long version.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Snacking - When this model boxes a living model with a melee attack, it can choose to RFP the boxed model. When it does this, this model can remove d3 damage points.
- Powder Keg - 8" range, 4" AOE, POW 16 ranged weapon
- Reload  - This model can be forced to to make up to 1 additional ranged attack(s) with this weapon during its Combat Action. It can make one additional attack for each time it is forced.
- Claw (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapons
| Far Strike
|The caster's ranged weapons gain Snipe for one turn.
- Band of Heroes
- Kriel Company. In this theme, Dire Troll Bomber can ignore friendly warrior models when determining LOS.
- Power of Dhunia
- Storm of the North
Thoughts on Dire Troll Bomber
Dire Troll Bomber in a nutshell
The Dire Troll Bomber is quite simply the best ranged heavy warbeast the trolls have and one of the favorite beasts in the faction.
Combos & Synergies
- Ragnor Skysplitter, the Runemaster can dig him in, let him fire away in safety and give him Pulverizer when things get intimate.
- Captain Gunnbjorn gives it Kill Shot.
- Horgle, the Anvil absolutely loves the Bomber to light things up with Firestarter for Feat turn.
- Jarl Skuld, Devil of the Thornwood loves himself the far strike animus and a good target for Magic Bullet, and the Bomber benefits from Swift Hunter in turn.
- Dire Troll Mauler gives it the hitting power it lacks.
- Dozer & Smigg's Animus makes him rat 7 and the deviations re-rollable, so you can get bombs just where you want them early.
Units & Solos
- Dhunian Knot's Puppet Master can help him land a direct hit.
- Kriel Stone can improve his hitting and staying power.
- Pyg Lookouts can mark targets for him.
- Bog Trog Mist Speaker: Eyeless Sight on a (fish]stick, is always something a ranged warbeast will love.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's great - but still hits like a ranged warbeast in melee.
- If you pay one for reload, you then only have 3 fury available. So they can not boost both hit and damage on both, and can't boost the blast damage rolls (which need it more) as well.
- His animus is only self, making him a versatile range beast,but not good on supporting other faction choices.
- The bombs hit harder than the Claws, so being engaged becomes really problematic.
Tricks & Tips
Boom! You can get about as much heavy-hurting work by aiming as by melee.
Released in Primal Mk2 (2010)
Other Trollblood models
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.